The Clinical Trainer is responsible for all clinical training that teaches and integrates DaVita policies, procedures, and dialysis theory for the treatment of ESRD (End-Stage Renal Disease) or CKD (Chronic Kidney Disease) patients for nursing positions or Patient Care Technicians in the region assigned. Position provides timely and effective technical clinical training to new nurses (RNs and/or LPNs) and ongoing clinical training to all similar treatments in the region assigned. Position will also provide training to Patient Care Technicians.
Position may assist Facility Administrators (FAs) in presentation of mandatory in-services and other continuing education programs as requested.
(Education, licenses, certifications, and experience required to fulfill the essential duties, include computer skills as required)
· A.D.N degree from accredited school of nursing required; B.S.N preferred; three-year diploma from accredited diploma program may be substituted for nursing degree
· Current RN license in state of practice required
· Minimum of five (5) years’ clinical nephrology experience required
· Minimum of one (1) years’ experience in developing curriculum and/or education programs required
· CNN or CDN strongly preferred; CNN or CDN certification required within two (2) years of employment or position change
· Intermediate computer skills and proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook required; working knowledge of electronic Learning Management systems required
ESSENTIAL BEHAVIORS, SKILLS, AND ATTITUDES REQUIRED FOR SUCCESS IN THIS POSITION
· Commitment to and role model of DaVita’s values of Service Excellence, Integrity, Team, Continuous Improvement, Accountability, Fulfillment and Fun with ability to demonstrate those positively and proactively to patients, teammates, management, physicians, and/or vendors (Village Service Partners) in everyday performance and interactions
· Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communications skills including ability to listen attentively and to communicate information clearly and effectively
· Demonstrated ability to work well with cross-functional groups
· Demonstrated interpersonal, collaborative, and relationship-building skills; ability to interact positively with teammates at all levels across the company
· Approachable and open
· Demonstrated ability to communicate difficult or sensitive information tactfully
· Professional presence and effective presentation skills
· Ensure Clinical Education programs meet or exceed Board of Nursing standards
· Travel required: up to 50%
· conduct educational programs to keep teammates up-to-date on DaVita policies, new laws and regulations impacting work, and other information necessary to maintain teammates’ knowledge of processes and goals
· Know, understand, follow, and implement DaVita safety and security policies and procedures
Fluent in the written and verbal skills necessary to perform successfully the essential functions, duties, and responsibilities of the position.
Vision adequate to perform essential duties and responsibilities of position.
Physical requirements can vary. These must be reviewed with management. However, in general, the position requires the following physical activities:
Ability to lift minimum of 2 pounds to a maximum of 15 pounds unassisted; able to sit for extended periods of time with some standing, stooping, walking, stretching, reaching, lifting; moderate range of body motions
Ability to hear and interact by phone , in person, and in presentations clearly and efficiently
Ability to use computer and all peripherals for extended periods of time
Join us as we pursue our vision "To Build the Greatest Healthcare Community the World has Ever Seen."
Why wait? Explore a career with DaVita today.
Go to http://careers.davita.com to learn more or apply.
To learn more about our Village and the world of dialysis, click here.
Follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn
Please note that DaVita Careers has been made aware of a phishing, job recruitment scam in which third parties are fraudulently representing themselves as recruiters of our company. These scammers are posting fake DaVita job openings and communicating with job candidates in an effort to obtain personal information and money. Please follow link to learn more about this scam.
WARNING: Job Recruitment Scam Notice
DaVita is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. As such, DaVita makes hiring decisions solely on the basis of qualifications and experience, and without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks.
DaVita will consider qualified applicants who have criminal histories in a manner consistent with the law.