At DaVita Clinical Research (DCR), a contract research organization, a wholly owned subsidiary of DaVita Inc., we use our extensive, applied database and real-world healthcare experience to assist pharmaceutical and medical device companies in the design, recruitment and completion of retrospective, prospective and pragmatic clinical trials.
DCR’s scientific and clinical expertise spans the lifecycle of product development with more than 175 client companies over the last 30+ years.
Unlike most contract research organizations, we are part of an integrated company that provides healthcare.
This unique structure enables us to integrate real-world experience and de-identified data with our operational excellence, superior customer service, and flexibility. From clinical trial design and execution to health outcomes research and publication planning, we offer a range of services to help with your project, regardless of where it is in the product life cycle.
It is your responsibility as the Research Coordinator, to take charge of the studies in your area. In this role, you have five basic functions.
- The first is ensuring placement of clinical trials within targeted and appropriate dialysis units or CKD practices.
- The second is organizing resources including PIs.
- The third is overseeing the execution of the studies, ensuring successful completion within GCP, with minimal participant attrition.
- The fourth is mentoring and involving the right TMs in the village to assist in study execution.
- The fifth is participating in the cultivation and nurturing of physician relationships.
- Individuals who take on the role of Regional Study Coordinator generally have some defining qualities. These qualities include the ability to manage complex and strategic projects with a focus on core task accomplishments. This individual will have a drive to continuously educate themselves and understand both clinical and regulatory components of clinical trial execution. They will also possess the ability to communicate well, be tenacious, flexible, and versatile.
The following duties and responsibilities generally reflect the expectations of this position but are not intended to be all inclusive.
- Provides overall management and execution of studies as assigned
- Ensures DVA sites are committed to the project
- Helps project team to overcome organizational obstacles
- Accountable for the success of the studies, assists in selection and placement of clinical trials
- Leads study team
- Facilitates the team process
- Acts as a liaison between the physicians, sponsors and TMs
- A deliverable revenue/ebitda goal for each budget year
- Mentor and build the capacity of village TMs to assist in the conduct of clinical trials
Check out our short video
to hear directly from teammates as to why YOU should join OUR Village!
Here is what you can expect when you join our Village:
- A "community first, company second" culture based on Core Values that really matter.
- Clinical outcomes consistently ranked above the national average.
- Award-winning education and training across multiple career paths to help you reach your potential.
- Performance-based rewards based on stellar individual and team contributions.
- A comprehensive benefits package designed to enhance your health, your financial well-being and your future.
- Dedication, above all, to caring for patients suffering from chronic kidney failure across the nation.
Want to make an impact in Healthcare? Through science, technology, quality and education, we are committed to expanding discovery and empowering lives. This empowerment comes in many forms. From our laboratory professionals to our support roles, DaVita labs not only offers a career to fit each individual, it provides a community and place to call home.