GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE JOB
This position supports the Dietitian I, II or III to maximize the nutritional well-being and education of hemodialysis and peritoneal dialysis patients. May report to Facility Administrator, or Dietitian I, II or III.
Note: All duties are performed under the direct supervision of a Dietitian I, II or III in accordance with DaVita policies & procedures, OSHA, JCAHO, AAMI, CMS, state, federal, and local regulations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
o Effectively and proactively communicate with Dietitian I, II or III.
o As directed by Dietitian I, II or III, ensure that current and accurate communication with patient’s physician, referral sources, outside organizations, and any additional healthcare providers occur in a clear, timely and concise manner
Other duties and responsibilities as assigned including but not limited to:
o Work overtime with little or no notice as needed.
o Attend team meetings, phone conferences, and training as needed.
o Know, understand, and follow teammate guidelines, employment policies, and department or company procedures.
• Consistent, regular, punctual attendance as scheduled is an essential responsibility of this position.
• High school diploma or equivalent required
• Degree in nutrition/dietetics or similar area required
• Registered Dietitian with CDR required, less than 12 months clinical experience
• Basic computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Word and Outlook required; Excel and PowerPoint preferred Job Description
Fluent in the written and verbal skills necessary to successfully perform the essential functions, duties, and responsibilities of the position.
LEVEL II – Job required tasks normally do not involve exposure to blood, body fluids, or tissues, but may require performing unplanned Level I tasks. The normal work routine involves no exposure to blood, body fluids or tissues; however, exposure or potential exposure may be required as a condition of employment and appropriate personal protection measures are required in those instances. Normal hazards are associated with business travel.
DaVita provides reasonable accommodations to enable otherwise qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential Physical and/or Mental functions of a position.
Vision adequate to perform the essential duties/responsibilities of position.
Physical requirements can vary. These must be reviewed with management. However, in general, the position requires the following physical activities:
• Ability to lift a minimum of 5 pounds to a maximum of 35 pounds unassisted; able to sit for extended periods of time with some standing, stooping, walking, stretching, reaching, lifting; moderate range of body motions.
• Ability to hear and interact by phone and in person clearly and efficiently
• Ability to use computer and all peripherals as needed to meet goals
WARNING: Job Recruitment Scam Notice
Please note that DaVita Careers has been made aware of a phishing, job recruitment scam in which third parties are fraudulently representing themselves as recruiters of our company. These scammers are posting fake DaVita job openings and communicating with job candidates in an effort to obtain personal information and money. Please follow link to learn more about this scam.
DaVita is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. As such, DaVita makes hiring decisions solely on the basis of qualifications and experience, and without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks.
DaVita will consider qualified applicants who have criminal histories in a manner consistent with the law.