GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE JOB<?xml:namespace prefix = "o" />
This position is responsible for managing multi-line claims, including Workers’ Compensation, Property, and other assigned claim losses. The role acts as a direct liaison between management staff, employees (teammates), claim adjusters, carriers, insurance brokers and defense counsel. The position is accountable for handling claim analysis, expediting claim settlements, and providing claims support to teammates at all levels within the Company.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: No
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following duties and responsibilities generally reflect the expectations of this position but are not intended to be all inclusive.
- Analyze assigned claims inventory to determine ultimate potential exposure, adequacy of case reserves, and develop proactive case settlement recommendations.
- Partner with contracted Claim Administrator(s) to expedite claim closure, integrity of claims data, and resolve problems of varying scope and complexity in accordance with State statutes.
- Provide claims support to Field operators, initiate and maintain close contact with injured teammates to help guide them through the claims process, and coordinate return-to-work needs with the Leave of Absence department.
- Generate metrics reporting for assigned claim inventory; present trends to Senior Management.
- Analyze claims data to identify loss control needs; assist with developing loss prevention strategies.
- Train and educate to facility Managers on claims reporting protocols.
- Immediately escalate exceptions or outlier circumstances to department Managers, and provide problem solving options.
- Other duties and responsibilities, as assigned, including but not limited to:
o Special projects, meetings, phone conferences, claim reviews, and training sessions
o Understand and follow all Company policies, including Claims handling and reporting policies and procedures
o Flexible schedule and ability to travel, if required
· Travel required: up to 10%
Here is what you can expect when you join our Village:
- A "community first, company second" culture based on Core Values that really matter.
- Clinical outcomes consistently ranked above the national average.
- Award-winning education and training across multiple career paths to help you reach your potential.
- Performance-based rewards based on stellar individual and team contributions.
- A comprehensive benefits package designed to enhance your health, your financial well-being and your future.
- Dedication, above all, to caring for patients suffering from chronic kidney failure across the nation.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS<?xml:namespace prefix = "o" />
(Education, licenses, certifications, and experience required to fulfill the essential duties, include computer skills as required)
· Bachelor’s degree in related area required
· Workers’ Compensation industry certification in multiple jurisdictions including but not limited to industry certificates such as WCCP, WCCA, etc.
· Require a minimum of five years’ experience managing multiple line claims, including Workers’ Compensation
· Must have intermediate computer skills and proficiency in MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Exceptional time management skills, ability to prioritize, and the ability to multi-task effectively
- Strong, proven interpersonal and written communication skills, attention to detail, and ability to follow through
- Analytical, problem solving, and conflict resolution skills required
Strong computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, MS Outlook, and PowerPoint)
ESSENTIAL BEHAVIORS, SKILLS, AND ATTITUDES REQUIRED FOR SUCCESS IN THIS POSITION
- Demonstrated sound judgment and initiative in working within departmental and corporate guidelines, including the ability to maintain confidentiality of information
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communications skills including ability to listen attentively and to communicate information clearly and effectively throughout all levels of the organization with audiences of varying degrees of familiarity with material
- Demonstrated ability to work well with cross-functional groups
- Demonstrated interpersonal, collaborative, and relationship-building skills; ability to interact positively with teammates at various levels across the company
- Approachable and open
- Demonstrated ability to communicate difficult or sensitive information tactfully
- Self-directed; able to function independently and as a member of a team and to foster a positive work environment
· Demonstrated strengths in organizational, attention-to-detail, follow-through, critical thinking, and innovative problem solving skills
· Strong time management skills; ability to manage multiple projects, deadlines and multiple priorities in a fast-paced, ever changing and evolving work environment with shifting time frames
- Strong understanding of business process with the ability to deliver requested output timely and accurately
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to seek out underlying assumptions through probing, questioning, and listening; ability to analyze information quickly and accurately with demonstrated ability to perform root cause analysis, prepare and implement action plans, and lead improvement initiatives
Fluent in the written and verbal skills necessary to perform successfully the essential functions, duties, and responsibilities of the position.
Vision adequate to perform essential duties and responsibilities of position.
Physical requirements can vary. These must be reviewed with management. However, in general, the position requires the following physical activities:
· Ability to lift minimum of 5 pounds to a maximum of 20 pounds unassisted; able to sit for extended periods of time and to perform some standing, stooping, walking, stretching, reaching, lifting; moderate range of body motions
- Ability to use computer and all peripherals for extended periods of time
- Ability to use telephone for extended periods and to resolve complex issues in conversation
Level III - Moderate noise (examples: business office with computers and printers, light traffic). No required tasks involve greater exposure to blood, body fluids or tissues than would be encountered by a visitor. The normal work routine involves no exposure to blood, body fluids or other hazardous conditions. Normal hazards associated with business travel.
Join us as we pursue our vision "To Build the Greatest Healthcare Community the World has Ever Seen."
Why wait? Explore a career with DaVita today.
Go to http://careers.davita.com to learn more or apply.
WARNING: Job Recruitment Scam Notice
Please note that DaVita Careers has been made aware of a phishing, job recruitment scam in which third parties are fraudulently representing themselves as recruiters of our company. These scammers are posting fake DaVita job openings and communicating with job candidates in an effort to obtain personal information and money. Please follow link to learn more about this scam.
Learn More: http://careers.davita.com/JobRecruitmentScamNotice
DaVita is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. As such, DaVita makes hiring decisions solely on the basis of qualifications and experience, and without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks.
DaVita will consider qualified applicants who have criminal histories in a manner consistent with the law.