· Federal tax planning functions including: Research, documentation, and other strategic projects.<?xml:namespace prefix = "o" />
· Review and coordinate all tax provision matters (ASC 740 & FIN 48).
· Monitor federal tax developments that may impact the company.
· Assist with acquisition and divesture tax planning including integration of target entities.
· Assist in the coordination of federal examination issues, including research and formulation of IDR responses and appeals.
· Direct special projects.
· Provide tax guidance to operating personnel.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Ability to meet goals individually and in a teammate environment.
· Demonstrated management and multi-tasking ability.
· Proven ability to motivate others in order to achieve tasks and goals.
· Demonstrated aptitude to effectively handle teammate interpersonal situations.
· Ability to effectively collaborate with other functional areas to achieve the overall DaVita Mission.
· Masters of Tax, LLM or JD strongly preferred.
· Significant experience with federal and multi-state corporate taxation planning and compliance for large companies required.
· Federal, state and local examination experience required.
· Significant tax provision experience required.
· Merger and acquisition planning experience preferred.
· Performance and behavior reflect the Mission and Core Values of DaVita.
DaVita is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. As such, DaVita makes hiring decisions solely on the basis of qualifications and experience, and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.