This position is responsible for assisting a physician with patients, patient care and case management for Kidney care patients as well as administrative tasks as required for the practice.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Obtains and documents patient vitals.
- Creates and updates patient Electronic Health Records.
- Controls patient flow for physician.
- Assists assigned physician with patient care.
- Performs administrative, clerical, environmental, and organizational tasks related to this care including but not limited to:
- Scheduling and pre-certifying tests as needed
- Providing back-up support for other clinical staff as needed; assisting others in clinic when not busy or as needed
- Assisting Practice Manager as needed or in absence of Practice Manager
- Maintains supplies and cleanliness of exam rooms/empty and replaces biohazard containers.
- Complies with all applicable OSHA, HIPAA and Meaningful Use regulations.
- Consistent, regular, punctual attendance as scheduled is an essential function of this position.
- Conveys a positive and professional image of clinic and physicians through words and actions at all times.
- Performs other duties as assigned to assist physicians, nurses, and Manager.
- Monitors patient flow during clinic by calling patients back to exam rooms and keeping them informed as to the waiting times.
- Prepares patients for examination and treatment. This may include (but not be limited to) accompanying patients to exam/procedure room, assisting patients as needed with walking, transfers, dressing, collecting specimens, preparing for exam, etc.
- Performs screenings per physician guidelines: collects limited patient histories and takes vital signs including pulse, blood pressure, temperature, and weight.
- Assists physician with various procedures; charting, relaying instructions to patients and their families.
- Prepares exam and treatment rooms with necessary instruments, supplies, and equipment according to department protocols and medical procedures to be done.
- Cleans exam/procedure rooms, instruments, and equipment between patient visits to maintain infection control.
- Travel to Time Share and other Nephrology Clinics required.
- Assists patients to restrooms as needed.
- Assists with drug studies as needed.
- Prepares new patient information packets and consent forms.
- Completes prior authorizations and arranges all procedure scheduling requirements.
- Codes office visits appropriately.
- Processes and documents patient visits, routes medical charts (including transcription as applicable), prior authorizations/scheduling of tests.
- Organizes information in medical chart; files and secures loose documents in charts. Maintains patient files, records, and other information by completing all required forms for patient charts.
- Maintains strict patient confidentiality.
- Completes work release forms as required.
- Completes forms and requisitions as needed.
- Answers and returns phone calls for physician as requested.
- Other duties as assigned.
Here is what you can expect when you join our Village:
- A "community first, company second" culture based on Core Values that really matter.
- Clinical outcomes consistently ranked above the national average.
- Award-winning education and training across multiple career paths to help you reach your potential.
- Performance-based rewards based on stellar individual and team contributions.
- A comprehensive benefits package designed to enhance your health, your financial well-being and your future.
- Dedication, above all, to caring for patients suffering from chronic kidney failure across the nation.
Additional Details about this role:
- This is a full-time, Certified Medical Assistant position with DaVita Kidney Specialists of Fredericksburg in Fredericksburg, VA
- Teammate will work 7:30am- 4:30pm M-F at minimum (35-40 hrs/wk); Hours dictated by patient need and
- This clinic is open 7:30 am- 4:30 pm
- Must be Medical Assistant Certified or Registered
- This position is currently for DaVita Kidney Specialists of Fredericksburg, but teammate will need to float to satellite practice within
the next two years
- There are administrative
duties included such as chart prep and covering the front desk when other
teammates are on PTO
- High school diploma or equivalent; some college or medical coursework/training preferred
- Graduate from an accredited program for Medical Assistants (Certified Medical Assistant) or equivalent experience (two or more years’ experience as a Medical Assistant)
- Nephrology experience preferred
- EMR/ EHR experience preferred
- Requires ability to see, hear, communicate quickly, and to assist patients physically
Join us as we pursue our vision "To Build the Greatest Healthcare Community the World has Ever Seen
Why wait? Explore a career with DaVita today.
Go to http://careers.davita.com to learn more or apply.
WARNING: Job Recruitment Scam Notice
Please note that DaVita Careers has been made aware of a phishing, job recruitment scam in which third parties are fraudulently representing themselves as recruiters of our company. These scammers are posting fake DaVita job openings and communicating with job candidates in an effort to obtain personal information and money. Please follow link to learn more about this scam.
Learn More: http://careers.davita.com/JobRecruitmentScamNotice
DaVita is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. As such, DaVita makes hiring decisions solely on the basis of qualifications and experience, and without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks.
DaVita will consider qualified applicants who have criminal histories in a manner consistent with the law.