GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The Procurement Administrator is responsible for purchasing pharmaceutical product, certain OTC’s (over the counter) and DME (Durable Medical Equipment) supplies to support dispensing all of our DaVita Rx fulfillment pharmacies. This includes setting up new items in the prescription processing system, maintaining existing items, placing purchase orders and verifying purchase pricing. This position will work closely with Inventory teammates as well as teammates from Customer Service, Clinical Ops, Insurance and Dispensing.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Place daily purchase orders (both manual and EDI) with primary wholesaler, secondary wholesalers and direct vendors to support dispensing operations in all DaVita Rx pharmacies.
- Manage order workflow queues (DEEX and DGUN) to process new item requests from other teams, ensure needed product is on order, split scripts off orders based upon availability of product on hand, send scripts to RPH queues for NDC changes and work with the insurance teams for payor specific product needs.
- Answer questions (phone and e-mail) other teammates may have around product availability, vendors or purchase orders in accordance with response times established for the position with follow up as necessary.
- Add new items and maintain existing items in the prescription processing system including Medispan information, pricing, vendor information and reorder levels.
- Maintain compliance with all vendor contracts and generic programs while maximizing pricing opportunities and special buy offers.
- Maintain and routinely update reorder points manually for all active items to maximize service levels while minimizing working capital
- Assist with a variety of purchasing team projects and tasks as assigned including effective transitions when supplier or product changes are made.
- Assist in the orientation, training, and mentoring of other DaVita Rx teammates as requested.
- Minimal travel; 5% weekends or nights work, as needed
Here is what you can expect when you join our Village:
- A "community first, company second" culture based on Core Values that really matter.
- Clinical outcomes consistently ranked above the national average.
- Award-winning education and training across multiple career paths to help you reach your potential.
- Performance-based rewards based on stellar individual and team contributions.
- A comprehensive benefits package designed to enhance your health, your financial well-being and your future.
- Dedication, above all, to caring for patients suffering from chronic kidney failure across the nation.
- High School Diploma or equivalent earned credits
- 2-3 years of experience as a pharmacy technician
- Must have knowledge of drugs and how they work - brand vs generic, etc.
- Intermediate proficiency with an online ordering system
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills and proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Pharmacy Technician License for the State of Texas
- 2-4 years procurement and purchasing experience
- Bachelor Degree
About DaVita Rx:
Created in 2005 to deliver prescription drugs to patients receiving care in DaVita dialysis clinics, DaVita Rx is the largest renal pharmacy in the U.S. and serves more than 180,000 patients in 46 states with four high-capacity pharmacies located in Texas, California, and Florida. We are a "community first, company second," with a team of extraordinarily committed, talented and entrepreneurial teammates who care about our patients, our colleagues and our community. We are dedicated to deliver our promise to provide the highest levels of quality care to help improve our patients' lives. DaVita Rx is a unique entrepreneurial opportunity in the context of a Fortune 200 company (DaVita Inc. | Ticker: DVA). Our rapid growth and pace of work provide our teammates with an exciting, challenging, dynamic and fulfilling work environment where you can truly make an impact.
Join us as we pursue our vision "To Build the Greatest Healthcare Community the World has Ever Seen."
Why wait? Explore a career with DaVita today.
Go to http://careers.davita.com to learn more or apply.
DaVita is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. As such, DaVita makes hiring decisions solely on the basis of qualifications and experience, and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks.