Project Managers with
DaVita oversee and implement 16 - 18 projects simultaneously. This position
would require up to travel up to 60 % and would work with the operations team
and other clinical team members to help identify projects, as well as
relocation and expansion projects.
Essential Traits for success as a
Project Manager (but not limited to):
- Ability to travel up to 60%
- Continue to build and foster relationships with DaVita
Operations, Inter-department teammates, all village teammates, and vendors
- Actively participate in DaVita divisional and
company-wide meetings consistently
- Understand and follow DaVita Employment Guidelines and
- Attend departmental staff meetings
- Possess a strong work ethic; willingness to accept high
levels of personal responsibility and commitment; strong drive to go
beyond the call of duty
- Possess initiative, a proactive mindset, offer
flexibility, strong perseverance and desire for continuous learning
- Strong desire to be part of a fun, yet hard working
- Adaptability and flexibility in an environment that
fosters continuous improvement
- Multi-tasking - ability to support multiple projects
- Mature and professional
- Ability to work effectively with high-performing teams
- Ability to collaborate with senior-level executives
- Personal values in line with DaVita's Core Values of
Service Excellence, Integrity, Team, Continuous Improvement,
Accountability, Fulfillment & Fun
Here is what you can expect when you join our Village:
- A "community first, company second" culture based on Core Values that really matter.
- Clinical outcomes consistently ranked above the national average.
- Award-winning education and training across multiple career paths to help you reach your potential.
- Performance-based rewards based on stellar individual and team contributions.
- A comprehensive benefits package designed to enhance your health, your financial well-being and your future.
- Dedication, above all, to caring for patients suffering from chronic kidney failure across the nation.
Position Duties and
Responsibilities (but not limited to):
- Provide capital detail for new construction,
relocation, building expansion projects. Includes design, utilities,
permits and owner furnished equipment
- Attend preliminary model calls for project validity and
model approval calls to validate Capital cost & clinic profile.
- Work with state and local resources for CON application
information (if applicable)
- Assist Operations and DaVita Broker with pre-screening
of concept sites.
- Provide resources and assist with 'Site Due Diligence'
on preferred site(s).
- Procurement of Architect and Engineer via Preferred
- For existing buildings, establish an MBBI survey
analysis to evaluate the building as a dialysis clinic and what shell
improvements will be required. Analysis to include structural, utility
needs, exterior access, code compliance, build-out potential, build-out
costs, design constraints and compliance to DaVita standards.
- Work with DaVita Broker to determine Landlord vs.
Tenant requirements of MBBI scope
- Work with DaVita Broker and Operations on which site(s)
to submit Letters of Intent (LOIs).
- Follow Development Agreement requirements.
- Accountable for design concepts and work-in-place that
adheres to DaVita standards and compliance to dialysis specific criteria.
- Understand and be active in building code criteria
(Federal, State, and Local) specific to dialysis industry and changing
environment of health care providers.
- Evaluate, identify and establish qualified resources
for improvement of design, construction, due-diligence of projects on a
- Evaluation of soils report to solidify project budget
- Work in conjunction with Tenant Improvement Project
team to develop Preliminary Floor plans (PFP) and coordinate approvals
with operations to include but not limited to Regional Operations Director
(ROD) and the Biomed team.
- Upon PFP approval, determine if proceeding at risk with
Construction Drawings (CD's) is appropriate dependent on potential Lease
issues, pending Medical Director Agreement (MDA), or other. Must
have Divisional Vice President (DVP) approval to proceed at risk.
- Manage activity and coordination of architect &
engineering team to develop Construction Drawings for submittal to state
departments (as required) and local city building departments for permits.
- Solicit multiple bids (Note: usually done
concurrent with permit process) and fairly compare bid pricing across all
construction divisions1 thru 16. Select contractor and submit
recommendation to DVP for approval.
- Contract and administration of third-party inspections
- Management of storm-water prevention plan programs and
- Contract approval, invoicing and pay application
- Effective, active and open communication as necessary
during the course of construction with all team members involved in the
project. This includes (but not limited to) the Regional Operations
Director, Facility Administrator, Tenant improvement build-out team.
- Schedule and attend on-site visits, especially at
critical stages (e.g. Grading, Rough-ins complete, erection of structure,
- Manage the kick-off meeting to be held at job site for
each clinic prior to construction start.
- Establish resources involved in projects for adherence
to insurance, qualifications and licensing criteria.
- Monitor and report all work activity related to active
projects each week to operations
- Facilitate the initiation and recurrence of project
calls from construction start through Certificate of Occupancy
(CofO). Attend all project calls.
- Accountable for budgets and all costs during
construction and ordering of Owner supplied equipment. Tracking and cost
comparison related to established budget.
- Equipment orders, purchasing of specific material and
fixtures for each clinic and management of delivery of goods and materials
to job site.
- Responsible for obtaining the Certificate of Occupancy
from building department and contractor.
- Provide Closeout Documents to the clinic to include
General Contractor's Closeout Documents: As-built Drawings, Contact
Sheets, Lien Waivers, Contractor Full Warranty, Subcontractor Warranties,
Flame spread data for construction materials, Product Data, Test and
Balance Report. Also include Life Safety Code Binder Documents:
PM LSC Survey checklist, Furniture Flame Spread Data, Sample checklist
logs (as needed)
- Provide Operations Teammates with LSC orientation in
preparation for State LSC survey.
- Assist in the transition from building occupancy to
preparing the clinic for first treatment of patients prior to survey or
Essential Background (but not
- High School Diploma or GED
- 5 - 8 years of "Ground Up" Construction
- Architectural Engineering knowledge
- Proven Project Management and Construction Management
- Ability to oversee, manage and implement multiple
- Procurement background to manage "Fixtures,
Furniture & Equipment" (FFE)
Preferred Experience (but not
- Bachelor's Degree in Architectural Engineering,
Construction Management or similar emphasis
- PMP Certification
Join us as we pursue our vision "To Build the Greatest Healthcare Community the World has Ever Seen."
Why wait? Explore a career with DaVita today.
Go to http://careers.davita.com to learn more or apply.
To learn more about our Village and the world of dialysis, click here
WARNING: Job Recruitment Scam Notice
Please note that DaVita Careers has been made aware of a phishing, job recruitment scam in which third parties are fraudulently representing themselves as recruiters of our company. These scammers are posting fake DaVita job openings and communicating with job candidates in an effort to obtain personal information and money. Please follow link to learn more about this scam.
Learn More: http://careers.davita.com/JobRecruitmentScamNotice
DaVita is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. As such, DaVita makes hiring decisions solely on the basis of qualifications and experience, and without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks.
DaVita will consider qualified applicants who have criminal histories in a manner consistent with the law.