GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Under the direction of the Manager, IT QA – Testing, Team Lead or other senior personnel, the IT Quality Analyst responsible for conducting quality assurance operations of the Laboratory applications. Duties include defining, creating, documenting and implementing appropriate quality testing of applications and systems to ensure that products, applications and systems are in compliance with established quality and regulatory standards and meet customer requirements. Works with the other Lab IT teams to coordinate quality assurance processes. Understands the interaction and relationship of business operations and software applications.
No supervisory responsibilities are assigned at this time.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following duties and responsibilities generally reflect the expectations of this position but are not intended to be all inclusive.
· Plan, design, build/develop, execute and support quality assurance activities (i.e. Test Release Planning, Test Design & Execution, Performance Test and Automation, Test Data Management) required for testing software configurations and functionality.
· Assist in creating and executing test methodologies that include Functional Testing (white box) and System Integration Testing (black box) as well as defect management standards.
· Work with IT teams, leadership and management to define, develop, document and implement quality and support processes, procedures and methodologies.
· Assist in ensuring that service level agreements/operating level agreements with business and IT customers, suppliers and partners are met.
· Research new technology, products and tools, and implement it or recommend its implementation.
· Responsible for defining quality assurance tasks and checklists for software deployment, including release acceptance testing.
· Assist in the validating and documenting of applications and systems where appropriate.
· Assist in performing project resource and timeline scheduling with business and IT partners to meet project and/or release timelines (including on-shore and off-shore).
· Assist in researching new technology, products and tools, and implementing it or recommending its implementation.
(Education, licenses, certifications, and experience required to fulfill the essential duties, include computer skills as required)
The Information Technology Department designs, develops and maintains software programs required to keep DaVita on the leading edge of medical technology. DaVita's Information Technology Department has both clinic facing and non-clinic facing subgroups that provide our clinician teammates the tools to provide quality patient care. DaVita IT utilizes designers, developers, system architects, project managers, application architects, nurses, trainers and many more professionals to incorporate the technology needs of our clinicians, business and physician customers.
DaVita is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. As such, DaVita makes hiring decisions solely on the basis of qualifications and experience, and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.