The Supervisor II, Laboratory (Lab) is responsible for supervision over multiple functions which may include: oversight of laboratory testing for core lab, monitoring the workflow from sample processing to departmental workflow through results reporting, and may provide for day-to-day guidance on teammate performance. This position evaluates and monitors compliance with service guarantees and specimen quality requirements. Position ensures adherence to corporate standard policies and procedures related to job performance, customer interactions, teammate relations, and information confidentiality. This position is a licensed technical supervisor and may work a designated shift; day/evening/night. This position reports to the Manager, Laboratory (Lab).
Provides overall direction, communication, and oversight to teammates regarding workflow of departmental tasks or assignments to ensure effective implementation and performance:
• Ensures teammate adherence to procedures and quality assurance requirements;
• Participates and/or leads in the development of and compliance with all departmental policies and procedures for performance and quality assurance
• Serves as a resource to teammates, providing oversight and support to training and competency program
• Monitors performance to established targets, goals or metric
• Identifies opportunities for process improvement within the department and between lab business lanes for efficiencies
Provide leadership to direct reports by:
• Facilitating the resolution of organizational obstacles encountered
• Knowing, understanding, implementing, following, and communicating to teammates DaVita’s employment policies and procedures; awards and other opportunities within company; and fostering a positive work environment
• Assisting in teammate development (PDRs, coaching, mentoring, DaVita training, outside training); collaborating with direct reports to create professional development goals
• Manages teammates employment activity such as hiring, promoting, job performance, evaluations, and disciplinary actions with appropriate approvals as required
Maintains teammates’ records to include written performance evaluation of staff records kept in compliance with DaVita policy and any applicable laws, including but not limited to:
• Evaluation, recording and processing teammate reviews and compensation according to company policy.
• Teammate timecard review and time off approval
• Performing competency evaluations and periodic performance reviews as required
Monitors work flow and delegates responsibilities to team members
• Establishes staffing plans to promote the most effective use of all teammates
• Resolves operational as well as quality issues related to workload
• Ensures coverage during teammates absences
• Covers the work benches as needed. 20% 4. Maintains an active role in the laboratory’s quality improvement program (incident reports, CAP surveys, turnaround time, service guarantees, state requirements), safety policies, and ensure levels of compliance of established laboratory outcome standards are met
• Collaborates with other leaders to develop and implement section specific Standard Operating Procedures, training programs, and compliance with regulatory and accrediting requirements 15% 5.
Other duties as assigned. 5%
Total Allocation of Time
About DaVita Laboratories
DaVita Labs is a state-of-the-art clinical laboratory delivering timely, accurate lab results focused primarily on kidney care with a relentless commitment to quality. We serve more than 180,000 patients and perform 52 million renal tests annually. We make a difference. We enjoy what we do. Our teammates are best in class professionals who enjoy a challenging yet rewarding work environment where fun and hard work intermingle every day. From our laboratory professionals to our support roles, DaVita labs not only offers a career to fit each individual, it provides a community and a place to call home. As a labs teammate, you become a member of our community and you also become a citizen of something bigger, something great, and something unique - the DaVita Village. With the backing of the overall DaVita brand, we are on an exciting trajectory.
Check out our short video
to hear directly from teammates as to why YOU should join OUR Village!
Here is what you can expect when you join our Village:
- A "community first, company second" culture based on Core Values that really matter.
- Clinical outcomes consistently ranked above the national average.
- Award-winning education and training across multiple career paths to help you reach your potential.
- Performance-based rewards based on stellar individual and team contributions.
- A comprehensive benefits package designed to enhance your health, your financial well-being and your future.
- Dedication, above all, to caring for patients suffering from chronic kidney failure across the nation.
Want to make an impact in Healthcare? Through science, technology, quality and education, we are committed to expanding discovery and empowering lives. This empowerment comes in many forms. From our laboratory professionals to our support roles, DaVita labs not only offers a career to fit each individual, it provides a community and place to call home.
- 6 to 8 years experience
- Bachlor's Degree
- Bachelor degree in Medical Technology, biological sciences or related field
- Basic computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft office Required
- Preferred Six (6) years of experience as generalist or related field
- Current State of Florida license as a generalist supervisor or related field
- Certified by a professional laboratory certifying agency (i.e. ASCP, AMT)
Join us as we pursue our vision "To Build the Greatest Healthcare Community the World has Ever Seen."
Why wait? Explore a career with DaVita today.
Go to http://careers.davita.com to learn more or apply.
WARNING: Job Recruitment Scam Notice
Please note that DaVita Careers has been made aware of a phishing, job recruitment scam in which third parties are fraudulently representing themselves as recruiters of our company. These scammers are posting fake DaVita job openings and communicating with job candidates in an effort to obtain personal information and money. Please follow link to learn more about this scam.<?xml:namespace prefix = "o" />
Learn More: http://careers.davita.com/JobRecruitmentScamNotice
DaVita is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. As such, DaVita makes hiring decisions solely on the basis of qualifications and experience, and without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks.
DaVita will consider qualified applicants who have criminal histories in a manner consistent with the law.