This is a Full-Time, Monday-Friday, day-shift position. We are seeking a medical front office coordinator to coordinate patient scheduling, outreach, and communication activities. In this role, you will also maintain patient charts, handle physician correspondence, answer phones, manage patient flow, and supports central billing functions by gathering insurance information, physician referrals and insurance pre-authorizations.
We invite you to contact us in regard to a position as an Access Center Coordinator.
- Verify patient insurance and obtain referrals, if necessary
- Forward billing information to appropriate central resource
- Review patient schedules to maximize patient service (check for cancellations and add in patients; check availability to accommodate an emergency patient; pull patient charts and records as appropriate)
- Answer and route incoming telephone calls appropriately
- Serve as liaison between physicians and referring facilities; ensure vascular access procedure results are forwarded to the dialysis facility and referring physician
- Coordinate dialysis treatments for patients and transportation, if needed
- Perform administrative support activities such as correspondence, filing, faxing, mailing, etc. as necessary or assigned
- Monitor, maintain, and order office supplies and equipment as instructed
- Participate in community education activities and programs
- Maintain patient confidentiality; know and adhere to all HIPPA regulations
- Consistent, regular, punctual attendance as scheduled is an essential responsibility of this position
- May open the access center on a daily basis
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned including but not limited to: work overtime with little or no notice as needed; work in another center location if needed; attend team meetings, phone conferences, and training as needed; know, understand, and follow teammate guidelines, employment policies, and department or company procedures; know, understand, and comply with all Lifeline clinical and business policies and procedures
Lifeline Vascular Access works with premier physician practices to develop and manage outpatient centers that provide focused and coordinated vascular access procedures to patients receiving hemodialysis treatment for end-stage renal disease (ESRD). We currently manage more than 60 physician-owned vascular access centers where we provide physician practices with financial and outcomes reporting, staffing and training, facility operations, regulatory compliance, and insurance billing services. The Lifeline network of managed vascular access centers is accredited by the Joint Commission. Lifeline Vascular Access is a business unit of DaVita Inc., the nation's largest independent provider of dialysis services in the United States, dedicated to providing services to patients diagnosed with chronic kidney failure. DaVita Inc. is a member of the Fortune 500, servicing patients in 43 states and in more than 1,500 outpatient dialysis centers. DaVita also provides acute inpatient dialysis services to patients in more than 800 hospitals across the country. DaVita's clinical outcomes consistently rank above the national average serving more than one-third of the dialysis population.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Minimum of two (2) years' experience in a healthcare or medical billing office required with demonstrated understanding of medical terminology
- Demonstrated ability in verifying insurance with Medicare, Medicaid and commercial payers
- Demonstrated ability in obtaining pre-authorizations and/or referrals from insurance carriers
- Intermediate computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook required
- Strong data entry, organizational and interpersonal skills
- High integrity, team player with patient service focus and flexibility
- Ability to multi-task effectively
We offer a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits package, continuing education support, and tuition reimbursement.
Visit our website at www.lifelinevascularaccess.com
. Apply online at www.careers.davita.com
. Select the "Search Openings" button on DaVita's Home Page; type Lifeline in the "Keyword Search" field on the following page; scroll down and select the "Search for Jobs" button.
WARNING: Job Recruitment Scam Notice
Please note that DaVita Careers has been made aware of a phishing, job recruitment scam in which third parties are fraudulently representing themselves as recruiters of our company. These scammers are posting fake DaVita job openings and communicating with job candidates in an effort to obtain personal information and money. Please follow link to learn more about this scam.<?xml:namespace prefix = "o" />
Learn More: http://careers.davita.com/JobRecruitmentScamNotice
DaVita is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. As such, DaVita makes hiring decisions solely on the basis of qualifications and experience, and without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks.
DaVita will consider qualified applicants who have criminal histories in a manner consistent with the law.