At DaVita, we find that our best leaders are those who create an inspiring vision for the future and empowers their team to achieve success. They have always enjoyed tackling difficult problems and believe that the best way to solve them is through collaborative, team efforts. They take ownership of results and instill accountability in those they lead. They are driven, strong communicators, relationship builders, and find real fulfillment in challenging work.
Sound like you? Then you might be a great fit for our Facilities Manager role with DaVita.
GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE JOB
This position is responsible for the facilities management of a Central Business Office (CBO) including but not limited to overall maintenance and repairs, building and department moves, mail room activities including shipping and receiving, and other projects as assigned by position Manager and Building Leadership. Position has budget accountability.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Yes
Position has full supervisory responsibilities for recruitment, retention, hiring, termination, performance and professional development for direct reports.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following duties and responsibilities generally reflect the expectations of this position but are not intended to be all inclusive
- Manage, plan, and/or ensure execution of all space planning issues including internal teammate/building moves and associated reconfigurations or remodeling
- Provide project management as necessary
- Ensure appropriate installation of data and voice cabling (computers and telephones) as needed
- Provide leadership in the planning and execution of meetings as needed
- Ensure appropriate set-up and take-down as required including technology-related needs
- Determine resource requirements and work with managers to allocate appropriate resources to projects
- Assign resources and manage priorities; communicate issues and status with team(s) proactively
- Manage department budget; provide monthly reports of expenditures/variances to the position manager
- Participate in the development and periodic revision of policies and procedures with Manager and/or leadership team
- Manage day-to-day activities within the department including front desk and mail room
- Ensure building needs, environmental issues, and maintenance are managed proactively on 24/7 basis to ensure goals are met and building operations run smoothly and within expectations
- Ensure equipment and supplies are maintained proactively to meet building standards and teammate expectations including but not limited to mechanical systems such as HVAC, elevators, exterior maintenance managed as needed, etc.
- Proactively ensure building maintenance needs are addressed and/or fixed promptly
- Identify and plan prompt corrective action for any issues with building safety or equipment and systems
- Respond to building emergencies appropriately and immediately
- Oversee and manage the building’s safety and security programs and technology
- Serves as the direct contact with DaVita's food services vendor in the on-site cafeteria. Oversees the continued execution of the arrangement and relationship.
- Report or document all teammate injuries according to established policy and procedures
- Ensure building security and take appropriate actions as necessary to ensure building and teammate security and safety while on premises
- Conduct vendor and contract negotiations to maximize company resources and achieve established goals
- Participate in and/or support the planning and execution of building-hosted events as needed
- Ensure requirements definition, plan development, resource monitoring, project tracking/reporting, budget management, and risk management are addressed proactively
- Provide teammate management for direct reports
- Review and approve time cards of all teammates as required
- Understand basic wage and hour laws, federal, state and local laws and regulations and apply consistently
- Oversee all teammate employment areas such as hiring, promoting, job performance evaluations, professional development, on-the-job training, teammate satisfaction surveys, and disciplinary actions with appropriate approvals
- Communicate proactively regarding DaVita opportunities and programs including but not limited to Triple Crown and We Are Here Awards
- Maintain teammate records to include written performance evaluation of direct reports; maintain records in compliance with DaVita policy and any applicable laws
- Read, understand and follow DaVita patient and teammate policies and procedures
- Special projects as assigned by Director and/or company leadership
Here is what you can expect when you join our Village:
- A "community first, company second" culture based on Core Values that really matter.
- Clinical outcomes consistently ranked above the national average.
- Award-winning education and training across multiple career paths to help you reach your potential.
- Performance-based rewards based on stellar individual and team contributions.
- A comprehensive benefits package designed to enhance your health, your financial well-being and your future.
- Dedication, above all, to caring for patients suffering from chronic kidney failure across the nation.
- Education, licenses, certifications, and experience required to fulfill the essential duties, include computer skills as required
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Bachelor's degree in related area preferred
- Minimum of 5 years’ prior supervisory experience preferred
- Minimum of 3 years’ prior facilities management experience required
- Intermediate computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Must possess effective verbal and written communication skills
- Self-directed: ability to function independently and make sound decisions.
- Ability to take on all levels of tasks and to "get stuff done"
Join us as we pursue our vision "To Build the Greatest Healthcare Community the World has Ever Seen."
Why wait? Explore a career with DaVita today.
Go to http://careers.davita.com to learn more or apply.
WARNING: Job Recruitment Scam Notice
Please note that DaVita Careers has been made aware of a phishing, job recruitment scam in which third parties are fraudulently representing themselves as recruiters of our company. These scammers are posting fake DaVita job openings and communicating with job candidates in an effort to obtain personal information and money. Please follow link to learn more about this scam.<?xml:namespace prefix = "o" />
Learn More: http://careers.davita.com/JobRecruitmentScamNotice
DaVita is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. As such, DaVita makes hiring decisions solely on the basis of qualifications and experience, and without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks.
DaVita will consider qualified applicants who have criminal histories in a manner consistent with the law.