As an Acute Clinical Coordinator at DaVita, you are both a RN and leader.
You will oversee professional nursing care and coordination of services provided in various licensed acute hospitals and sub-acute facilities that have contracted with DaVita to provide dialysis and other services to patients of and under the license of the acute facility.
As an Acute Clinical Nurse Coordinator you will:
- Act as a RN team leader, supervising and administering direct patient care
- Communicate with the Acute Program Office to coordinate and organize assignments as well as patient treatment plans
- Ensure accurate documentation of all delivered care
- Review essential quality assurance markers of care are delivered
- Work closely with Acute Facility Administrator
- Work autonomously in an intense hospital environment - without the typical hospital routine.
- Provide the highest level of critical acute nursing care to ensure your patients' safety, comfort, and well-being
- Experience a Nurse to Patient ratio typically not more than 1:5
"I love problem solving and the challenge of the role of acute nursing. I get a lot of respect from the doctors and my team." - Ginny E.
Patients - Help your patients, when they need it the most.
Patient care is our top priority and we look for teammates who share our commitment to Service Excellence as well as Continuous Improvement. You can build your career in nephrology and practice multiple therapies (CRRT, aphaeresis, etc.) as an Acute Nephrology RN at DaVita
Independence - Manage your patients on your own in a hospital setting.
As a teammate in an acute setting you, work on your own almost all of the time. Each day you assess, troubleshoot, and make sound decisions for critical patients. What an exciting challenge to take on!
Intensity - Expect the unexpected.
No two days are ever the same for an acute dialysis nurse. The setting is dynamic and each patient's needs are unique. When you walk in the door each day you don't know what patients you might have - their condition, when you will get them or when you will be done for the day.
The Acute Clinical Coordinator shining star in this role should have:
- Current and valid Registered Nurse (RN license) in the state where performing duties required
- Minimum of 6 months of current nephrology nursing experience required
- Current CPR and EKG interpretation certification required
- Medical/surgical, Intensive Care Unit (ICU), Critical Care Unit (CCU), and Emergency Room (ER) and/or hospital nursing experience (preferred)
- Certified Nephrology Nurse (CNN) or Certified Dialysis Nurse (CDN) (preferred)
- Associates Degree in Nursing (A.D.N) from accredited school of nursing required; Bachelor of Science in Nursing (B.S.N) preferred; three-year diploma from accredited diploma program may be substituted for nursing degree
- Clinical supervisory experience preferred
- Experience assessing, trouble shooting and making sound recommendations in stressful situations
- Flexibility like a gymnast - okay, not literally. What we mean is someone who thrives in an environment that is constantly changing and will face new challenges head-on
- Excellent communication skills to listen and communicate with acutely ill patients and teammates
- Multi-tasking skills, with great time management and prioritizing capabilities
- Basic computer skills and proficiency in MS Word and Outlook required
Are you ready to make a difference in the lives of your patients and work autonomously in an environment where you make the decisions? If so, we'd like to speak with you.
Visit http://www.careers.davita.com/ to learn more or apply.
Follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn
WARNING: Job Recruitment Scam Notice
Please note that DaVita Careers has been made aware of a phishing, job
recruitment scam in which third parties are fraudulently representing themselves
as recruiters of our company. These scammers are posting fake DaVita job
openings and communicating with job candidates in an effort to obtain personal
information and money. Please follow link to learn more about this scam.
DaVita is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. As such, DaVita makes hiring decisions solely on the basis of qualifications and experience, and without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks.
DaVita will consider qualified applicants who have criminal histories in a manner consistent with the law.