The Senior Reporting Analyst transforms raw clinical data from multiple data sources into clear, concise reports and analyses for various departments within the business.
Apply advanced technical skills at a high proficient level
Build complex reports and analyses using multiple types of data sources including custom SQL queries (45%)
- Uses programs such as Tableau, Cognos, Crystal, Excel, Access, Powerpoint
- Takes large raw datasets from one or more sources and transforms the data into concise, usable, easy to understand reports for internal and external customers
- Familiarity with basic statistical knowledge to draw conclusions and accurately present aggregated data pertaining to the request
- Proactively address business needs; identify and act upon areas for streamlining distribution of information to operations in a clear and concise manner
- Presents data tastefully in tables, charts, dashboards, and summaries when appropriate
- Documents definitions and assumptions used within the report or analysis and ensure understanding across users
- Structure logical analyses with little to no direction
Develop and modify complex SQL queries and other future analytical tools (35%)
- Uses programs such as Oracle SQL Server, Netezza, Microsoft SQL Server, Access
- Ability to understand/explain how back end database tables relate to front end clinical software (necessary for ensuring reporting accuracy)
- Queries may contain multiple joins, subqueries, and functions pulled from multiple databases containing hundreds of tables and millions of rows
- Organize queries in a way that others on the team can easily understand and utilize
- Write standard queries that can be used for multiple purposes if needed
- Identify and interpret needs and changes as the business grows
- Translate raw data in database to reflect business operations both past and present
- Define, develop, and implement test conditions and plans for all queries
- Easily and accurately reads queries developed by others, and modifies them as necessary
- Identifies and updates queries as database tables and structures change with IT updates
Maintain and modify ongoing scheduled reports (10%)
- Review and update/modify existing reports as needed regardless of the origin of the report
- Ensure there is no unnecessary overlap of existing reports
Translate findings into actionable plans for customers
Effective communication skills
- Ability to identify and communicate the impact of actions in the UI to both IT and business/operations users to educate in proper data entry (operations) and work to suggest enhancements (i.e. data validation or additional fields) that will result in cleaner data
- Ability to quickly understand all downstream impacts to changes made in the UI to reporting and be able to accurately and quickly communicate this to customers
- Maintains a general understanding of the business in order to be a thought partner to the internal/external customer
- Listens to the needs and requests of the customer, and interprets them accurately in a such way to present them with a report/analysis that meets their needs
- Has a general sense of how long a request will take to complete, and the complexity of the initial ask
- Responsive to customers and takes initiative to maintain communication of status and timelines of requests
- Communicates with IT on a technical level to ensure database/table design meet reporting needs
- Represent reporting team in meetings, discuss clinical data with knowledge
Thoughtful preparation and presentation of reports and analyses (10%)
- Clearly and accurately present reports and analyses to the customer as required
- Expert level understanding of the analysis, can clearly explain which steps were taken to perform analysis and why, and can easily research additional related asks with confidence
All About VillageHealth.
VillageHealth is a Strategic Business Initiative of DaVita and is comprised of a dedicated team of specially trained nurses and professionals providing integrated care management to patients with kidney disease throughout the US. We provide services to help improve the lives of our patients by working with them to prevent complications, reduce the number of avoidable hospitalizations and improve overall health.
Let's face it…the world of healthcare is dynamic and moves at the speed of light. Unlike many healthcare companies in the market today, we acknowledge that our teammates are our most important asset and we want to help them to feel fulfilled in their careers.
When you join the DaVita Village, you're joining a winning team. Through our commitment to training, growth and quality we consistently achieve superior clinical outcomes while giving teammates the opportunity to excel in an award-winning environment that enables them to thrive both professionally and personally.
Here is what you can expect when you join our Village:
- A "community first, company second" culture based on Core Values that really matter.
- Clinical outcomes consistently ranked above the national average.
- Award-winning education and training across multiple career paths to help you reach your potential.
- Performance-based rewards based on stellar individual and team contributions.
- A comprehensive benefits package designed to enhance your health, your financial well-being and your future.
- Dedication, above all, to caring for patients suffering from chronic kidney failure across the nation.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Proficiency in MS Excel, Access, and PowerPoint
- Prior experience with Tableau, Cognos, and/or Crystal preferred
- At least two years of experience with Oracle SQL Server, Netezza, and/or MS SQL Server or similar program
- At least two years of experience in an analytical role
- At least two years of experience writing custom SQL queries
- At least two years of experience preparing and presenting reports and analyses
Join us as we pursue our vision "To Build the Greatest Healthcare Community the World has Ever Seen."
Why wait? Explore a career with DaVita today.
Go to http://careers.davita.com to learn more or apply.
WARNING: Job Recruitment Scam Notice
Please note that DaVita Careers has been made aware of a phishing, job recruitment scam in which third parties are fraudulently representing themselves as recruiters of our company. These scammers are posting fake DaVita job openings and communicating with job candidates in an effort to obtain personal information and money. Please follow link to learn more about this scam.
Learn More: http://careers.davita.com/JobRecruitmentScamNotice
DaVita is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. As such, DaVita makes hiring decisions solely on the basis of qualifications and experience, and without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks.
DaVita will consider qualified applicants who have criminal histories in a manner consistent with the law.