This position leads compliance audits to determine and report on DaVita’s internal controls and compliance with policies, procedures and regulatory requirements. This position will report to the Compliance Audit Director.
This position will directly support the Director of Compliance over Audit and Monitoring. The Compliance Manager will apply previously acquired auditing, management, analytical, and communication skills to immediately add value to the Audit and Monitoring department.
- Lead and conduct audits (assess compliance risks, develop audit work-plans, perform audit work steps, document and report findings and recommendations, follow up to confirm findings are appropriately remediated).
- Lead audit meetings and conference calls.
- Ensure projects objectively evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of internal accounting procedures and operating systems and controls
- Ensure follow-up projects objectively report progress of action items/metrics and determine whether objectives are achieved.
- Meet with management to discuss compliance audit plans and results; make recommendations to resolve compliance audit findings requiring corrective action
- Ensure that audit principles, standards and practices are followed in all Compliance Audit Department work
- Maintain current knowledge of developments in related fields and continuing enhancement of personal expertise in related areas
- Participate as team member or leader on special projects, business, and process planning efforts
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned including but not limited to:
- Attend and/or lead team meetings, phone conferences, and training as needed
- Know, understand, follow, implement, and communicate teammate guidelines, employment policies, and department or company procedures
- Provide leadership to in the planning, testing, and documentation of audits and other engagements including but not limited to consulting projects and assistance to external auditors
- Help Compliance auditors overcome any organizational obstacles encountered during projects
- For potential direct reporting relationships:
- Facilitate teammate development (PDRs, coaching, mentoring, DaVita training, outside training); collaborate with direct reports to create professional development goal
- Delegate work, monitor work progress, and evaluate teammate performance
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum 3 years of audit experience required.
- Experience in a compliance business setting preferred.
- Healthcare industry experience preferred.
- Large consulting firm experience preferred.
- Advanced computer skills and proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook required.
- Proficiency in MS Access preferred.
- Excellent analytical and communication skills with attention to detail.
- Self-starter with ability to drive independent problem solving, comfortable with a constantly evolving environment.
Join us as we pursue our vision "To Build the Greatest Healthcare Community the World has Ever Seen."
Why wait? Explore a career with DaVita today.
Go to http://careers.davita.com to learn more or apply.
WARNING: Job Recruitment Scam Notice
Please note that DaVita Careers has been made aware of a phishing, job recruitment scam in which third parties are fraudulently representing themselves as recruiters of our company. These scammers are posting fake DaVita job openings and communicating with job candidates in an effort to obtain personal information and money. Please follow link to learn more about this scam.<?xml:namespace prefix = "o" />
Learn More: http://careers.davita.com/JobRecruitmentScamNotice
DaVita is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. As such, DaVita makes hiring decisions solely on the basis of qualifications and experience, and without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks.
DaVita will consider qualified applicants who have criminal histories in a manner consistent with the law.