GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE JOB
This position assists the Compliance Audit Lead to design, plan, direct, and manage the activities in the Compliance Audit Department. This position serves as a team member or leader on special projects. This position works with the Compliance Audit Lead to establish an internal audit strategy and to report to the Chief Compliance Auditor. This position works with Compliance Audit Lead to achieve our team goals, scorecard and budget accountability.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Yes
Position has responsibility for recruitment, hiring, retention, performance development, performance management, salary adjustments, and termination of direct reports.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following duties and responsibilities generally reflect the expectations of this position but are not intended to be all inclusive.
- Assist to develop and execute a fully integrated audit strategy
- Assist to develop and manage to annual budget for the Internal Audit to ensure sufficient resources are available to perform the audits approved by the Audit Committee
- Facilitate Annual Risk Assessment on behalf of executive management
- Develop Annual Audit Plan from the risk assessment
- Meet with management for DaVita Healthcare Partners (DaVita) as necessary to discuss audit plans and results both verbally and in writing and make recommendations to resolve audit findings requiring corrective action.
- Monitor and report progress of action items and metrics to ensure objectives are achieved
- Ensure that accepted accounting and audit principles and practices are followed; proactively and continually evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of internal accounting procedures and operating systems and controls
- Demonstrate and employ sophisticated understanding of control attributes in highly automated environments to determine efficacy and strength of controls
- Maintain current knowledge of and expertise in the field of auditing, risk management, accounting and finance
- Participate as team member or leader on special projects, including acquisition reviews and due diligence, integration efforts, major process improvement projects, and business and process planning efforts
- Teammate Management
- Provide leadership to direct reports
- Enable teammates to excel in their assigned roles in a team environment; Develop and foster a positive work environment
- Manage direct reports’ employment activity such as hiring, promoting, job performance, evaluations, compensation, disciplinary actions, and termination effectively and professionally
- Know, understand, follow, and implement basic wage and hour laws, federal, state and local laws and regulations, Medicare, and legislation affecting employment
- Develop and conduct educational programs to keep teammates up-to-date on DaVita policies, new laws and regulations impacting work, and other information necessary to provide knowledgeable, accurate work output
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned including but not limited to:
- Attend and/or lead team meetings, phone conferences, and training as needed
- Know, understand, follow, implement, and communicate teammate guidelines, employment policies, and department or company procedures
- Travel required
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred
- Minimum seven (7) years professional experience in healthcare, compliance, audit and/or related field
- Minimum three (3) years people management experience required
- Demonstrated project management experience required
- Prefer prior experience leading healthcare compliance audit program
- Demonstrated knowledge of federal fraud and abuse laws required
- Demonstrated ability to present and communicate effectively with executive management
- Experience supervising work performed by outside vendors and contractors preferred
- Superior drafting, written, and verbal communication skills required
- Proven track record of collaborative problem solving with senior management and business leaders to achieve business goals
- Excellent computer skills and proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
Join us as we pursue our vision "To Build the Greatest Healthcare Community the World has Ever Seen."
Why wait? Explore a career with DaVita today.
Go to http://careers.davita.com to learn more or apply.
WARNING: Job Recruitment Scam Notice
Please note that DaVita Careers has been made aware of a phishing, job recruitment scam in which third parties are fraudulently representing themselves as recruiters of our company. These scammers are posting fake DaVita job openings and communicating with job candidates in an effort to obtain personal information and money. Please follow link to learn more about this scam.
Learn More: http://careers.davita.com/JobRecruitmentScamNotice
DaVita is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. As such, DaVita makes hiring decisions solely on the basis of qualifications and experience, and without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks.
DaVita will consider qualified applicants who have criminal histories in a manner consistent with the law.