At DaVita, we find that our best leaders are those who create an inspiring vision for the future and empowers their team to achieve success. They have always enjoyed tackling difficult problems and believe that the best way to solve them is through collaborative, team efforts. They take ownership of results and instill accountability in those they lead. They are driven, strong communicators, relationship builders, and find real fulfillment in challenging work.
This position manages the payroll system structure and payroll processes including system development, conversions, interfaces, configuration, testing, implementation, and ongoing functionality.
Position has full supervisory responsibility for recruitment, hiring, retention, performance development, performance management, teammate relations, salary adjustments, and termination of direct reports.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following duties and responsibilities generally reflect the expectations of this position but are not intended to be all-inclusive.
- Provide vision and direction for the payroll system including major configuration changes, updates, testing, customer requested enhancements, troubleshooting, procedures, documentation, and training
- Identify, assess, and resolve issues and problems with payroll system
- Execute testing, validate results, and resolve test errors for system changes
- Manage the day-to-day operational effectiveness of the payroll system
- Monitor payroll system to ensure integrity of data
- Oversee the set up and maintenance of payroll system configuration and controls
- Modify and develop processes to create ongoing efficiencies
- Control, monitor and account for inbound and outbound interfaces with third-party vendors, systems, and electronic files
- Provide analysis and management for implementation processes and cutover activities as well as post-implementation support
- Oversee Payroll General Ledger (GL) close, reconciliation, and analysis of GL accounts
- Ensure system compliance with SOX and internal controls
- Travel required: up to 35%
· Provide leadership to direct reports and department
o Help direct reports overcome any organizational obstacles encountered during projects
· Manage teammate employment activity such as hiring, promoting, job performance, evaluations, and disciplinary actions with appropriate approvals as required
o Address teammate relations issues appropriately and escalate as necessary
o Know, understand, implement, follow, and communicate to teammates all DaVita employment policies and procedures, awards, and other opportunities within company; develop and foster a positive, fulfilling work environment; enable teammates to excel in their assigned roles
· Provide work direction for department teammates including goals and goal achievement measurements
o Determine staffing plans that promote the most effective use of all teammates; ensure coverage during teammate absences
· Develop and conduct educational programs to keep teammates up-to-date on DaVita policies, new laws and regulations impacting work, and other information necessary to maintain teammates’ knowledge of department processes and goals
· Know, understand, follow, and implement DaVita safety and security policies and procedures
Here is what you can expect when you join our Village:
- A "community first, company second" culture based on Core Values that really matter.
- Clinical outcomes consistently ranked above the national average.
- Award-winning education and training across multiple career paths to help you reach your potential.
- Performance-based rewards based on stellar individual and team contributions.
- A comprehensive benefits package designed to enhance your health, your financial well-being and your future.
- Dedication, above all, to caring for patients suffering from chronic kidney failure across the nation.
- Bachelor’s degree required
of seven (7) years payroll experience in a multi-state, multi- EIN environment
to include: Applying relevant laws;
Working knowledge of accounting; Compliance with payroll laws, to include tax
regulations; Strong knowledge of payroll operations
- Minimum five (5)
years payroll management or
supervisory experience in a mid to large corporate environment
- Minimum of six (6)
years’ experience in payroll and payroll systems required
- Experience with payroll system conversion required
- Experience with payroll system development, configuration, testing, implementation, management, and enhancement of systems required
- Experience managing system integrations preferred
of five (5) years’ gathering business requirements and writing and executing
to manage multiple projects, meet deadlines, and adjust priorities
appropriately in an evolving work environment with shifting time frames; self-starter with high
degree of initiative, urgency, and follow through
ability to work effectively at both detail and big-picture levels and to drive
written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills with an acute ability
to listen attentively and to communicate information clearly and effectively
throughout all levels of the organization with audiences of varying degrees of
familiarity with material
ability to work well with cross-functional groups
interpersonal, collaborative, and relationship-building skills; ability to
interact positively with teammates at all levels of the company
strengths in organizational, attention-to-detail, follow-through, reasoning,
critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
analytical skills with the ability to seek underlying assumptions through
probing, questioning, and listening
to proactively identify and analyze issues and to identify and implement solutions
- Advanced computer
skills and proficiency in MS Word and Outlook required; intermediate
proficiency in large-scale electronic payroll system required
- Workday experience
preferred; PeopleNet experience preferred; advanced skills and proficiency in
MS Excel required; basic proficiency in PowerPoint strongly preferred
- Experience with
process flow redesign/improvements
to meet goals individually and in a teammate environment; Demonstrated aptitude
for effective delegation and coordination skills; Proven ability to motivate
others to achieve tasks and goals; Demonstrated aptitude to effectively handle
teammate interpersonal situations; Experience with implementing process
Join us as we pursue our vision "To Build the Greatest Healthcare Community the World has Ever Seen."
Why wait? Explore a career with DaVita today.
Go to http://careers.davita.com to learn more or apply.