This is a Full-time Monday thru Friday, day-shift position. We are seeking a surgical technologist, preferably with interventional / special procedures experience to join our vascular access clinical team.
We invite you to contact us in regard to a position as a Surgical Technologist at the Riverview Vascular Access Center located at 7633 East Jefferson Avenue, Suite 330, Detroit, MI 48214
In this position you will prepare patients and procedure rooms for vascular access procedures, arranges instruments for the interventional procedure, maintains sterile techniques within the sterile field, and cleans the procedure room after each case.
- Assist clinical team with patient and procedure room preparation and post-procedure clean-up
- Prepare patients for vascular access procedure including but not limited to positioning patients on procedure room table
- Gather, arrange, prepare instruments before procedures; remove afterward; ensure sterilization of instruments
- Pass instruments to interventionalist; know all instruments used in vascular access procedures
- Count surgical instruments needles, sponges and instruments with the registered nurse or radiologic technologist
- Monitor all members of the clinical team to maintain a sterile field during procedures
- Transport patients to and from the procedure room
- Operate diagnostic equipment and sterilizing equipment
- Ensure assigned areas are clean and stocked for future procedures
- Assist with scheduling patients for vascular access procedures and patient discharge as necessary
- Maintain confidentiality of patient information and medical records
- Participate in access center community education programs
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned including but not limited to:
- Work overtime with little or no notice as needed
- Work in other area centers as needed
- Attend team meetings, phone conferences, and training as needed
- Know, understand, and follow teammate guidelines, employment policies, and department or company procedures
- Know, understand, and comply with all Lifeline clinical and business policies and procedures
- Consistent, regular, punctual attendance as scheduled is an essential responsibility of this position
Lifeline Vascular Access works with premier physician practices to develop and manage outpatient centers that provide focused and coordinated vascular access procedures to patients receiving hemodialysis treatment for end-stage renal disease (ESRD). We currently manage more than 60 physician-owned vascular access centers where we provide physician practices with financial and outcomes reporting, staffing and training, facility operations, regulatory compliance, and insurance billing services. The Lifeline network of managed vascular access centers is accredited by the Joint Commission. Lifeline Vascular Access is a division of DaVita Inc., the nation's largest independent provider of dialysis services in the United States, dedicated to providing services to patients diagnosed with chronic kidney failure. DaVita Inc. is a member of the Fortune 500, servicing patients in 43 states and in more than 1,500 outpatient dialysis centers. DaVita also provides acute inpatient dialysis services to patients in more than 800 hospitals across the country. DaVita's clinical outcomes consistently rank above the national average serving more than one-third of the dialysis population.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Minimum of one-year certificate or diploma with demonstrated knowledge of anatomy, physiology, pharmacology, medical terminology, microbiology, surgical instrumentation and sterilization techniques to prepare equipment strongly preferred
- Two-year associate's degree from college accredited by Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP) preferred
- NCCT or AST certification preferred; Certified Surgical Technologist (CST) designation preferred
- Minimum of one (1) year's experience assisting in operating room preferred
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required
- Basic computer skills and proficiency in MS Word and Outlook required
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks. We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.
WARNING: Job Recruitment Scam Notice
Please note that DaVita Careers has been made aware of a phishing, job recruitment scam in which third parties are fraudulently representing themselves as recruiters of our company. These scammers are posting fake DaVita job openings and communicating with job candidates in an effort to obtain personal information and money. Please follow link to learn more about this scam.<?xml:namespace prefix = "o" />
Learn More: http://careers.davita.com/JobRecruitmentScamNotice
DaVita is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. As such, DaVita makes hiring decisions solely on the basis of qualifications and experience, and without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks.
DaVita will consider qualified applicants who have criminal histories in a manner consistent with the law.