We put the fun back into teamwork.
The Driver performs supplies and equipment transport duties within a Hospital or other licensed off-site facility ("Acute Facility") under the supervision of a Registered Nurse in accordance with DaVita and Acute Facility policies, procedures, and the DaVita Acute Services agreement with the Acute Facilitity.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under the direction of a Registered Nurse, the Driver transports supplies and specialized equipment to and from the in-patient dialysis suite within the Acute Facility.
PLANNING, COORDINATING, AND ORGANIZING:
The Driver maintains competency skills including the ability to transport supplies and equipment, identify safety concerns and institute measures to provide safe transportation to the dialysis suite. The Driver communicates effectively with hospitals and our internal Team regarding destination and scheduled treatment time, and makes necessary adjustments according to medical condition.
The Driver will effectively communicate with Acute Facility personnel and teammates and will use all applicable interactive techniques and telecommunication systems that apply.
The Driver manages time wisely and consistently applies customer service excellence and safety in all aspects of performance.
- Daily performance demonstrates that the teammate is committed to service excellence and safety in all aspects of performance.
- Daily performance demonstrates that the teammate is committed to regulatory compliance for the Acute Facility, and operating efficiency for the Acute Program.
- Attends Acute Facility orientation and mandatory in-services, as required.
- Observes Acute Facility policies and procedures for infection control and safety.
- You will be based in San Diego from December 2017, though we are hiring ASAP to train in our Temecula main office.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Shifts can start as early as 7am. 5 days a week schedule Monday - Friday.
- Able to work overtime with little or no notice.
- Able to work on-call weekend schedule (every 2 weeks).
- Able to work different and/or rotating shifts when required.
- Understand and follow DaVita patient and employment Policies and Procedures
We offer career options to fit your lifestyle.
Here is what you can expect when you join our Village as a Patient Transporter:
- A community first, company second culture based on Core Values that really matter.
- Clinical outcomes consistently ranked above the national average.
- Award-winning education and training across multiple career paths to help you reach your potential.
- Performance-based rewards based on stellar individual and team contributions.
- A comprehensive benefits package designed to enhance your health, your financial well-being and your future.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Experience in health care environment preferred.
- Appropriate interpersonal skills for interacting with peers, patients, physicians and other team members.
- BLS Certification
Before applying for this position, please watch a short and informative video: CLINIC TOUR VIDEO (click on the link)
Join us as we pursue our vision "To Build the Greatest Healthcare Community the World has Ever Seen."
Why wait? Explore a career with DaVita today.
DaVita is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. As such, DaVita makes hiring decisions solely on the basis of qualifications and experience, and without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks.
DaVita will not consider permanent (green card) or temporary (non-immigrant) immigration sponsorship for Biomedical Technician positions under current United States Immigration and Nationality Laws. DaVita reserves the right to change this policy without notice.
nephrology, renal, ESRD, CNA, CCHT, CHT, CCNT, PCT, tech, technician, phlebotomy, EMT, CMA, medical assistant, certified medical assistant, MA, dialysis