We currently seek a Vice President of Operations to join our Village and lead the Philadelphia division of DaVita Health Solutions
, our newest Strategic Business Initiative.
DaVita Health Solutions is a subsidiary of DaVita Inc.,
a Fortune 500® company and leading provider of integrated health and kidney care services. DaVita Health Solutions offers payors and risk-bearing organizations a suite of home- and outpatient-based care programs to address the needs of their high-risk, medically complex patient populations. Its programs include physician-led house calls that extend primary care into the home with a heavy focus on palliative care and behavioral health, advanced post-acute care with employed SNFists and integrated kidney care.
DaVita Health Solutions leverages more than 15 years of experience in managing high-risk patients under at-risk and shared savings arrangements. Through its medical group, DaVita currently operates house calls programs that serve more than 12,000 patients in five markets, in partnership with 4,000 independent and employed primary care physicians. Through its integrated kidney care division, DaVita manages the total care for more than 20,000 renal patients, of which nearly 7,000 are under at-risk arrangements, in 16 markets and several national programs.
The VP provides strategic, tactical and team leadership, counsel and direction to the Philadelphia leadership team of operators and clinicians. This responsibility includes all operational and clinical outcomes and requires working with front line clinical and non-clinical teammates of DaVita Health Solutions to ensure safe, efficient, therapeutic and ethical patient care. Additionally the VP manages stakeholder relationships including clients, community physicians, and healthcare facilities.
We're looking for an exceptional leader with a strong ownership mindset to consistently and proactively seek ways to improve the business and the ability to operationalize new ideas and insights. The VP will engage at all levels of the enterprise and, specifically, will be a key thought partner and work closely with senior leadership as well as Finance, Strategy, and People Services teams.
- Provide leadership to direct reports and division team, including the direct supervision, development of and accountability for the performance of the staff
- Develop and execute strategic operating plans and goals for assigned division; including:
- Achieve clinical and operational performance goals
- Track metrics and success criteria, including ROI for all activities
- Analyze current trends impacting patient service delivery
- Review, analyze and address gaps in service excellence, policies and/or procedures proactively; identify issues and implement solutions
- Lead the creation and implementation of teammate development processes and succession planning, including mentoring, coaching and modeling appropriate leadership behaviors
- Manage financial and revenue growth, operations and labor management, contract management and clinical outcomes within the division
- Fulfill broad reaching, strategic responsibility for the development and implementation of proactive programs, operational improvements, communications and other division-specific general management responsibilities related to the business
- Maintain a liaison relationship between the corporate office and field operations
- Manage relationships with clients by building relationships, leading monthly operational reviews and addressing ad-hoc issues in a timely manner.
- Develop positive work relationships with all levels of management and other departments in the Village; work collaboratively with field management, legal, finance, etc.
- Oversee and/or manage all teammate employment activity effectively and professionally including hiring, promoting, job performance, evaluations, compensation, teammate relations, disciplinary actions and terminations
- Develop and maintain a team of knowledgeable, skilled teammates (including management) who function in compliance with all regulatory requirements and the DaVita mission and values
- Travel required: up to 15%
- Strong alignment with our Mission and Values.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred; MBA strongly preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years’ progressive management experience required
- Strong leadership acumen; successful team management and development
- Demonstrated track record of successful fiscal and operating leadership; demonstrated financial expertise
- Healthcare industry background highly preferred
- Advanced computer skills and proficiency in MS Excel required; intermediate skills and proficiency in MS Work, Outlook and PowerPoint required.
Join us as we pursue our vision "To Build the Greatest Healthcare Community the World has Ever Seen."
Why wait? Explore a career with DaVita today.
Go to http://careers.davita.com to learn more or apply.
DaVita is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. As such, DaVita makes hiring decisions solely on the basis of qualifications and experience, and without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks.