GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The Assistant I, Laboratory (Lab) performs
specimen accessioning, data entry, processing and other technical and
non-technical duties in the laboratory under the general supervision of the
Technologist or Supervisor. This position reports to the Manager/Supervisor,
ESSENTIAL DUTIES &
- Receives and processes samples, centrifuges, aliquots,
checks for hemolysis, clotted samples (if required), delivers samples to test
areas for testing, stores and discards completed samples according to safety,
infection control and other policies and procedures
- Loads and unloads samples utilizing technical equipment
- Performs Specimen Processor I duties and responsibilities
as needed to support the workload
- Resolves issues involving handwritten tubes, patients,
barcodes, requisitions not on file in the Laboratory Information System (LIS)
by collaborating with Lab Customer Support and Accessioning departments or
- Assists the technical staff in specimen processing and
preparation in the clinical laboratory
- Communicates Alert calls to the clients according to the
- Documents work activities and pertinent information (using
internal and external comments) in the LIS or paper logs to ensure regulatory
compliance requirements are met and that audit trails are established
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned including but
not limited to:
- Notifies supervisor and/or technical section of potential
or existing concerns
- Trains new teammates
About DaVita Laboratories
DaVita Labs is a state-of-the-art clinical laboratory delivering timely, accurate lab results focused primarily on kidney care with a relentless commitment to quality. We serve more than 180,000 patients and perform 52 million renal tests annually. We make a difference. We enjoy what we do. Our teammates are best in class professionals who enjoy a challenging yet rewarding work environment where fun and hard work intermingle every day. From our laboratory professionals to our support roles, DaVita labs not only offers a career to fit each individual, it provides a community and a place to call home. As a labs teammate, you become a member of our community and you also become a citizen of something bigger, something great, and something unique - the DaVita Village. With the backing of the overall DaVita brand, we are on an exciting trajectory.
Check out our short video
to hear directly from teammates as to why YOU should join OUR Village!
Here is what you can expect when you join our Village:
- A "community first, company second" culture based on Core Values that really matter.
- Clinical outcomes consistently ranked above the national average.
- Award-winning education and training across multiple career paths to help you reach your potential.
- Performance-based rewards based on stellar individual and team contributions.
- A comprehensive benefits package designed to enhance your health, your financial well-being and your future.
- Dedication, above all, to caring for patients suffering from chronic kidney failure across the nation.
Want to make an impact in Healthcare? Through science, technology, quality and education, we are committed to expanding discovery and empowering lives. This empowerment comes in many forms. From our laboratory professionals to our support roles, DaVita labs not only offers a career to fit each individual, it provides a community and place to call home.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- 0 to 2 Years’ Experience
- High School Diploma
EDUCATION, TRAINING, OR QUALIFICATIONS
- Associate or Bachelor degree
- Basic computer skills
- Medical terminology training
- Some lab training or skills
Fluent in the written and verbal skills necessary to successfully
perform the essential functions, duties, and responsibilities of the position.
Level I – Job required tasks routinely involve a potential
for mucous membrane or skin contact with blood, body fluids, tissues or
potential spills or splashes. Use of appropriate personal protection measures
is required for every healthcare provider in these positions. Exposure or
potential exposure may be required as a condition of employment. Normal hazards
associated with frequent business travel by car.
DaVita provides reasonable accommodations to enable
otherwise qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
Physical and/or Mental functions of a position.
Vision adequate to perform the essential duties/responsibilities
May be required to demonstrate the ability to differentiate
colors on a test strip.
Physical requirements can vary. These must be reviewed with
management. However, in general, the position requires the following
- Ability to lift minimum of 5 lbs to a max of 50 lbs
unassisted and able to stand, sit, stoop, walk, stretch, reach, and use full
range of body motions.
- Manual dexterity as required for specific equipment and
ability to use computer keyboard and peripherals.
- Ability to stand extended period of time.
- Exposure to temperature 2-8 C (walkin cooler)
Join us as we pursue our vision "To Build the Greatest Healthcare Community the World has Ever Seen."
Why wait? Explore a career with DaVita today.
Go to http://careers.davita.com to learn more or apply.
WARNING: Job Recruitment Scam Notice
Please note that DaVita Careers has been made aware of a phishing, job
recruitment scam in which third parties are fraudulently representing
themselves as recruiters of our company. These scammers are posting fake
DaVita job openings and communicating with job candidates in an effort to
obtain personal information and money. Please follow link to learn more
about this scam.
DaVita is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. As such, DaVita makes hiring decisions solely on the basis of qualifications and experience, and without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks.
DaVita will consider qualified applicants who have criminal histories in a manner consistent with the law.