GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE JOB
This position provides administrative support to VillageHealth Nurses (VHN) and other members of the healthcare team. This position collects, verifies, and enters information into appropriate databases. Position develops reports and other materials for distribution.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: No
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following duties and responsibilities generally reflect the expectations of this position but are not intended to be all inclusive.
- Collect, verify, enter, and maintain data and medical record information in VH medical management database including but not limited to patient, provider, and payor contact and referral information
- Monitor all reports and communicate with VHN to ensure data is current and complete on a monthly basis
- Provide support for VHN in-house or out-sourced phone, fax, and electronic mail administration for patient or payor related issues
- Assist VHN with development, revision, approval process, and distribution of educational materials
- Develop reports and PowerPoint presentations as requested
- Schedule and follow up with clients any provider or payor appointments or meetings as directed
- Perform general administrative support to department including but not limited to:
- Monitor inventory levels of office supplies and equipment; place orders as needed
- Resolve equipment maintenance issues with vendors and VH IT support team Other duties and responsibilities as assigned including but not limited to:
- Work overtime with little or no notice as needed
- Attend team meetings, phone conferences, and training as needed
- Know, understand, and follow teammate guidelines, employment policies, and department or company procedures
- Consistent, regular, punctual attendance as scheduled is an essential responsibility of this position
All About VillageHealth.
VillageHealth is a Strategic Business Initiative of DaVita and is comprised of a dedicated team of specially trained nurses and professionals providing integrated care management to patients with kidney disease throughout the US. We provide services to help improve the lives of our patients by working with them to prevent complications, reduce the number of avoidable hospitalizations and improve overall health.
Let's face it…the world of healthcare is dynamic and moves at the speed of light. Unlike many healthcare companies in the market today, we acknowledge that our teammates are our most important asset and we want to help them to feel fulfilled in their careers.
When you join the DaVita Village, you're joining a winning team. Through our commitment to training, growth and quality we consistently achieve superior clinical outcomes while giving teammates the opportunity to excel in an award-winning environment that enables them to thrive both professionally and personally.
Here is what you can expect when you join our Village:
- A "community first, company second" culture based on Core Values that really matter.
- Clinical outcomes consistently ranked above the national average.
- Award-winning education and training across multiple career paths to help you reach your potential.
- Performance-based rewards based on stellar individual and team contributions.
- A comprehensive benefits package designed to enhance your health, your financial well-being and your future.
- Dedication, above all, to caring for patients suffering from chronic kidney failure across the nation.
Education, licenses, certifications, and experience required to fulfill the essential duties, include computer skills as required.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Minimum of two (2) years’ clerical administrative experience required
- Demonstrated accuracy in documentation and data entry
- Intermediate computer skills and proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Basic proficiency in department Medical Information System Technology (MIST) within 60 days of employment or position change required
- Home office with Internet connectivity at minimum of 1MB upload and 1MB download speed required
ESSENTIAL BEHAVIORS, SKILLS, AND ATTITUDES REQUIRED FOR SUCCESS IN THIS POSITION
- Commitment to DaVita’s values of Service Excellence, Integrity, Team, Continuous Improvement, Accountability, Fulfillment and Fun with ability to demonstrate those positively and proactively to patients, teammates, management, physicians, and/or vendors (Village Service Partners) in everyday performance and interactions
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communications skills including ability to listen attentively and to communicate information clearly and effectively
- Demonstrated professionalism and courtesy in responding to phone calls and emails
- Approachable and open
- Ability to work with minimal supervision; demonstrated ability to work in a team, facilitate effective team interactions, and to foster a positive work environment; willingness to assist teammates in order to achieve departmental goals
- Demonstrated time management skills; ability to handle multiple priorities concurrently with shifting time frames, and meet deadlines; self-starter with high degree of initiative, urgency, and follow through
- Demonstrated exactness in attention to detail with special focus on assisting in preparing reports
- Strong customer service skills and commitment to service excellence
Join us as we pursue our vision "To Build the Greatest Healthcare Community the World has Ever Seen."
Why wait? Explore a career with DaVita today.
Go to http://careers.davita.com to learn more or apply.
WARNING: Job Recruitment Scam Notice
Please note that DaVita Careers has been made aware of a phishing, job recruitment scam in which third parties are fraudulently representing themselves as recruiters of our company. These scammers are posting fake DaVita job openings and communicating with job candidates in an effort to obtain personal information and money. Please follow link to learn more about this scam.
Learn More: http://careers.davita.com/JobRecruitmentScamNotice
DaVita is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. As such, DaVita makes hiring decisions solely on the basis of qualifications and experience, and without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks.
DaVita will consider qualified applicants who have criminal histories in a manner consistent with the law.