GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
This position dispenses prescription medication through the Auto-Med Opti-Fill automated fulfillment and manual dispensing system. This person would provide front-end processing, dispensing and manifesting of prescription orders, stocking, daily deliveries, and participation in physical inventories.
Work Shift is 10:00 am to 7:00 pm M-F
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Understand and operate the Auto-Med Opti-Fill prescription dispensing system, prescription accumulator and conveyor system, and all systems supporting the dispensing and manifesting function
- Participate in the fulfillment process and pharmacy support responsibilities
- Pack and ensure shipment of boxes to facilities as needed; may require lifting boxes of varying weights
- Ensure the proper flow and documentation of prescription fulfillment is followed at all times
- Ensure appropriate quality controls are in place and communicate to pharmacy teams and facility partners in situations in which quality may have been compromised
- Consistent, regular, punctual attendance as scheduled is an essential function of this position
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Pharmacy Technician Certification; in good standing with Texas State Board of Pharmacy
- Minimum of 1 year of experience as a Pharmacy Technician
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills and proficiency in Word, Outlook and all DaVita Rx specific software
- Must be detail oriented and a team player
- Able to lift 30 pounds
- Mail order pharmacy experience is preferred, but not required
The DaVita Village Difference
- Industry-leading patient care with clinical outcomes ranked above the national average.
- Dynamic leadership grounded in Core Values, Mission and clearly defined goals for you.
- Diverse, team-driven culture that supports you.
- Commitment to developing you and the chance to explore multiple career paths.
- Stability and strong financial results - 10 years of steady revenue growth.
- Performance-based compensation and rewards for your hard work.
- A commitment to the greater good: We are a community first, a company second.
About DaVita Rx:
Created in 2005 to deliver prescription drugs to patients receiving care in DaVita dialysis clinics, DaVita Rx is the largest renal pharmacy in the U.S. and serves more than 180,000 patients in 46 states with four high-capacity pharmacies located in Texas, California, and Florida. We are a "community first, company second," with a team of extraordinarily committed, talented and entrepreneurial teammates who care about our patients, our colleagues and our community. We are dedicated to deliver our promise to provide the highest levels of quality care to help improve our patients' lives. DaVita Rx is a unique entrepreneurial opportunity in the context of a Fortune 200 company (DaVita Inc. | Ticker: DVA). Our rapid growth and pace of work provide our teammates with an exciting, challenging, dynamic and fulfilling work environment where you can truly make an impact.
To learn more about DaVita Rx, including a video, please click here
Service Excellence, Integrity, Team, Continuous Improvement, Accountability, Fulfillment and Fun with ability to demonstrate those positively and proactively to patients, co-workers, management, physicians, and/or vendors in every day performance and interactions.
Join us as we pursue our vision "To Build the Greatest Healthcare Community the World has Ever Seen."
Why wait? Explore a career with DaVita today.
DaVita is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. As such, DaVita makes hiring decisions solely on the basis of qualifications and experience, and without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks.
DaVita will consider qualified applicants who have criminal histories in a manner consistent with the law.