The STAR Program is a 9-10 week paid training period in which you will gain the dialysis skills needed for a career at DaVita. Upon completion, our intent is to find you a position within Missouri City as a Patient Care Technician (“PCT”).
As a Patient Care Technician in training, you will play an important role at DaVita and in the lives of patients and their families. As part of our professional team of clinicians, you will be responsible for measuring and recording stats, patient observations, machine set up and other duties to ensure the compassionate, professional delivery of outpatient dialysis services.
Our dialysis Patient Care Technicians work under the supervision of nephrology nurses to provide safe, comfortable, and hygienic dialysis treatment for patients. They are often the teammates who have the most "one-on-one" time with patients in the facility.
Many PCTs get to know the patients coming in for treatment on a personal basis and develop a good working relationship with them. Our best PCTs also understand the importance of teamwork and collaboration with the other members of the clinical care team. After all, we are all in this together, working toward the same goals: optimal clinical outcomes for our patients and a fun and fulfilling environment for our teammates.
If you love patient-centered health care with real relationships inside a company that encourages fun on and off of the clock, then DaVita might be the place for you.
Some details about this position:
- You will be trained for 9-10 weeks with a class of new teammates at a training clinic or facility
- Hours of work may vary during the training period; however, you will typically be working between 32-40 hours per week during training
- Your training will include a combination of classroom and hands-on learning, through DaVita’s award-winning training programs
- This position may require that you will be willing to float to various clinics during and after your training
- You must have a flexible schedule and be able to work mornings, evenings, weekends, and holiday