DaVita is currently looking for Medicare Patient Account Specialists for our Revenue and Operations Department. Individuals who excel in this role are highly ambitious, results driven, and willing to "think outside the box." This position requires a high level of attention to detail and the ability to work well as part of a fast paced team. The ideal candidate for this position has a high level of multitasking abilities and is driven by moving metrics to achieve success!
This position contacts Medicare Administrative Contractors to collect payment on outstanding patient balances, researches and resolves problem accounts, and requests adjustments on patient accounts in order to maximize and achieve collection performance goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Initiate collection follow-up of all short-paid, unpaid, or denied claims with Medicare
- Research, appeal, and resolve claim rejections and denials with Medicare
- Navigate through Medicare's Direct Data Entry claim system, and multiple internal systems to ensure timely and accurate resolution of outstanding claims
- Monthly reporting of outstanding accounts receivable
- Superior problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong organizational skills with an ability to effectively manage large amounts of detailed information
- Ability to work on several tasks simultaneously
- Stay up to date on communication relating to Medicare and CMS updates
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with clinical personnel, teammates, and Payer representatives
- Maintain confidentiality of all company and patient information in accordance with HIPAA regulations and DaVita policies
- Consistent, regular, punctual attendance as scheduled is an essential responsibility of this position
Here is what you can expect when you join our Village:
- A "community first, company second" culture based on Core Values that really matter.
- Clinical outcomes consistently ranked above the national average.
- Award-winning education and training across multiple career paths to help you reach your potential.
- Performance-based rewards based on stellar individual and team contributions.
- A comprehensive benefits package designed to enhance your health, your financial well-being and your future.
- Dedication, above all, to caring for patients suffering from chronic kidney failure across the nation.