As a Guest Services Specialist you will act as a liaison between patients, facility teammates, billing offices and the corporate offices to resolve patient insurance issues and/or concerns. If you feel that you can provide a high-level of customer service to our patients and enjoy identifying and resolving insurance issues, then keep reading!
Our Guest Services Specialist, or GSS for short, are primarily responsible for providing guidance and information to patients on insurance and the effects of different insurance options. This will enable patients to make informed insurance decisions and to ensure their questions related to insurance are addressed and resolved. Another focus of this role is on commercial patients and providing accurate and timely patient, revenue and treatment trend reporting on these patients.
Additional details about this role:
- Identify, resolve or escalate issues as appropriate for prompt and effective resolution
- Support patient collection activities as necessary, especially where payer sends payments directly to patient
- Assist patients in retaining commercial insurance coverage and reviewing additional insurance options for primary and/or secondary coverage
- Research financial issues and insurance options for commercial insurance patients
- Review patient lists with Facility Administrators and teammates to identify potential patient insurance issues
- Partner with Social Workers to maintain awareness of patient insurance questions
- Educate patients on process, assist with application completion if needed
- Distribute tracking reports to social work teammates
- Identify and brainstorm to resolve difficult situations that may impact a patient’s ability to apply for the program
- Support presentation development of educational tools on insurance information for field teammates
- Provide training to clinical teammates to anticipate and recognize changes in patient insurance coverage as necessary
- Provide monthly reporting and analysis on key metrics related to patient growth and retention to senior management
- Compile monthly operations reviews on assigned patient portfolio
Here is what you can expect when you join our Village:
- A "community first, company second" culture based on Core Values that really matter.
- Clinical outcomes consistently ranked above the national average.
- Award-winning education and training across multiple career paths to help you reach your potential.
- Performance-based rewards based on stellar individual and team contributions.
- A comprehensive benefits package designed to enhance your health, your financial well-being and your future.
- Dedication, above all, to caring for patients suffering from chronic kidney failure across the nation.
Join us as we pursue our vision "To Build the Greatest Healthcare Community the World has Ever Seen."
Why wait? Explore a career with DaVita today.
Go to http://careers.davita.com to learn more or apply.
WARNING: Job Recruitment Scam Notice
Please note that DaVita Careers has been made aware of a phishing, job
recruitment scam in which third parties are fraudulently representing
themselves as recruiters of our company. These scammers are posting fake
DaVita job openings and communicating with job candidates in an effort to
obtain personal information and money. Please follow link to learn more
about this scam.
DaVita is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. As such, DaVita makes hiring decisions solely on the basis of qualifications and experience, and without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks.
DaVita will consider qualified applicants who have criminal histories in a manner consistent with the law.