This position will be located at our office in Brentwood, TN.
This position assists in developing or revising procedures to achieve maximum efficiency with the ROI process, mentors new and/or existing staff to achieve maximum autonomy and professional knowledge, and provides problem resolution with third-party requestors for escalated issues.
Position has full supervisory responsibility and/or input into decisions concerning the recruitment, training, professional development, performance management, and retention of direct reports.
- Collaborate with Manager, as necessary, to ensure that HCPCS/CPT/Revenue codes are appropriate and current based on Medicare and Payor-specific requirements
- Assist with preparation and delivery of Monthly Management Reports
- Perform Monthly Quality Assurance audits for Health Information Specialists
- Perform Monthly SOX Audits. Assist with Monthly SOX remediation processes as needed
- Identify, investigate, and evaluate practices and processes to facilitate continuous quality improvement in complete and accurate medical record documentation
- Present information in a CQI format to determine if project is feasible
- Function as SME (Subject Matter Expert) in medical records documentation review and release of information (ROI)
- Participate in and lead approved projects as assigned
- Work closely with the Risk and Compliance departments in processing third-party requests for PHI (Protected Health Information)
- Perform or participate in focused medical record reviews if required
- Work with department management to develop processes that identify opportunities for documentation improvement and to implement improvements in medical record documentation
- Attend continuing education programs and demonstrate self-direction in ongoing professional development to maintain current knowledge
- Provide leadership to direct reports
- Help direct reports overcome any organizational obstacles encountered
- Know, understand, implement, follow, and communicate to teammates DaVita employment policies and procedures, awards, and other opportunities within company and foster a positive work environment
- Provide strategic work direction for department teammates
- Provide ongoing, timely communication related to team goals and objectives, progress toward those goals, and information important in keeping teammates informed on issues and activities that impact their ability to carry out their job functions
- Address teammate relations issues appropriately and escalate as necessary
- Manage all teammate employment activity with appropriate approvals as required
- Hire, manage, and develop teammates to excel in their assigned roles in a team environment
- Facilitate teammate development (PDRs, coaching, mentoring, DaVita training, outside training); collaborate with direct reports to create professional development goals
- Evaluate, record and process teammate reviews and compensation according to company policy and in timely manner
- Ensure that new teammates receive appropriate training and support to effectively utilize software applications and understand company policies, procedures and compliance standards
- Plan department duties, organize work, and supervise teammates
- Provide work direction for department teammates
- Determine staffing plans that promote the most effective use of all teammates; ensure coverage during teammate absence
- Develop and conduct educational programs to keep teammates up-to-date on DaVita policies, new laws and regulations impacting work, and other information necessary to provide knowledgeable, accurate work output
- Other duties as assigned.
Here is what you can expect when you join our Village:
- A "community first, company second" culture based on Core Values that really matter.
- Clinical outcomes consistently ranked above the national average.
- Award-winning education and training across multiple career paths to help you reach your potential.
- Performance-based rewards based on stellar individual and team contributions.
- A comprehensive benefits package designed to enhance your health, your financial well-being and your future.
- Dedication, above all, to caring for patients suffering from chronic kidney failure across the nation.
- Associate's or Bachelor's degree in Health Information required
- RHIT or RHIA certification required
- Minimum of two (2) years' experience in medical records documentation review including appeals and Release of Information
- Minimum of one (1) year's lead or supervisory experience required
- Intermediate Excel skills required, to include reporting and trend analysis
- Ability to think critically and problem solve required
Join us as we pursue our vision "To Build the Greatest Healthcare Community the World has Ever Seen."
Why wait? Explore a career with DaVita today.
Go to http://careers.davita.com to learn more or apply.
WARNING: Job Recruitment Scam Notice
Please note that DaVita Careers has been made aware of a phishing, job recruitment scam in which third parties are fraudulently representing themselves as recruiters of our company. These scammers are posting fake DaVita job openings and communicating with job candidates in an effort to obtain personal information and money. Please follow link to learn more about this scam.<?xml:namespace prefix = "o" />
Learn More: http://careers.davita.com/JobRecruitmentScamNotice
DaVita is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. As such, DaVita makes hiring decisions solely on the basis of qualifications and experience, and without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks.
DaVita will consider qualified applicants who have criminal histories in a manner consistent with the law.