Paladina Health's Senior Financial Analyst reports to the Vice President, Finance, and supports the accounting, reporting, and analytics functions for DaVita’s subsidiary, Paladina Health, in Denver, CO. This position is responsible for supporting process improvements, metric/report development, special projects, and providing detailed revenue and expense valuation analysis to ensure departmental goals and objectives are achieved, in alignment with Paladina’s Mission and Core Values.
Paladina Health builds and manages employer-sponsored primary care health physician offices around the country. Launched from scratch in 2011 to create a disruptively better healthcare model, Paladina now has over 50 physician offices across 11 states. The company's innovative delivery model is moving beyond the "early adopter" stage and gaining traction across a variety of different customer segments, driving high growth and organizational focus on scaling strategies and capabilities. Paladina is looking for talented, mission-oriented, entrepreneurial leaders to help drive Paladina's successful expansion.
Although Paladina Health is a wholly owned subsidiary of $16B healthcare services provider DaVita Healthcare Partners, it operates as a relatively independent startup, with sufficient autonomy to grow rapidly and to make decisions that are right for the business. Because it operates as a startup, teammates must be able to excel in unstructured, entrepreneurial environments and they must be willing to adapt to change quickly. Every day brings new challenges and obstacles that require innovative and unique solutions. Paladina Health teammates must be enthusiastic about achieving the end goal of helping "fix healthcare" and they must be willing to help the team succeed as a whole. Additional information can be found at www.paladinahealth.com.
The following duties and responsibilities generally reflect the expectations of this position but are not intended to be all-inclusive.
Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A)
· Prepare detailed analyses of business financial results, variance to budget, tracking to forecast, etc. on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis
· Maintain and refine financial models
· Assist operations & business development leaders with development of customized financial models, and present key insights
Operational Reporting & Management
· Develop fluency with the core business operations, financial reports, and performance metrics
· Analyze clinical, operational, and financial data to measure performance
· Present key insights to executive leadership
· Communicate with teammates to drive process improvements
Adhoc Financial Analyses
· Support various teammates on ad hoc questions and analyses
· Take ownership of work stream(s), including setting deadlines, collecting and analyzing the right data, and effectively communicating key insights
Expected minimal (10%) travel