This position works closely with physicians to manage nephrology health problems for the adult nephrology patient population. The Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant is a licensed independent practitioner who is responsible for managing these health problems while coordinating health care for the adult nephrology in accordance with State and Federal rules and regulations and the general standards of care (assessment of health status, diagnosis, development of plan of care and treatment, implementation of treatment plan, and evaluation of patient status).
- Oversee all care coordination for the adult nephrology patient population the team is meeting all relevant practice metric goals including but not limited to:
- Functions independently to perform age-appropriate history and physical for complex nephrology patient
- Orders and interprets diagnostic and therapeutic tests relative to patient’s needs and Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD) state
- Prescribes appropriate pharmacologic and non-pharmacologic treatment modalities
- Conducts weekly dialysis rounds on patients receiving hemodialysis, assessing their physical and psychological state
- Monitors the effectiveness of interventions and makes recommendations for treatment changes in collaboration with the health care team
- Facilitates the patient’s transition within and between health care settings, e.g. admitting, transferring, and discharging patients from the dialysis units and/or hospital
- Collaborates with multidisciplinary team members by making appropriate referrals
- Facilitates staff, patient and family decision making by providing educational tools
Provide leadership to the healthcare team, including but not limited to Dialysis Facility Administrators, Patient Care Technicians, Medical Assistants & Front Desk teammate
- Acts as a liaison between the healthcare team, physician and patient
- Know, understand, implement, follow, and communicate to teammates appropriate roles and responsibilities as it relates to the Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant role and fosters a positive work environment
- Ensure their practice is delivering the highest levels of Service Excellence to physicians, patients and internal and external stakeholders, at all times
- Manage the fiscal resources of the practice(s) and identify areas of opportunity for operational efficiencies as it relates to the Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant role:
- Assist in making recommendations to the practice on appropriate budgetary items relevant to the NP/PA role (i.e., patient educational items, tools to enhance patient care, etc.)
- Other duties as assigned.
Here is what you can expect when you join our Village:
- A "community first, company second" culture based on Core Values that really matter.
- Clinical outcomes consistently ranked above the national average.
- Award-winning education and training across multiple career paths to help you reach your potential.
- Performance-based rewards based on stellar individual and team contributions.
- A comprehensive benefits package designed to enhance your health, your financial well-being and your future.
- Dedication, above all, to caring for patients suffering from chronic kidney failure across the nation.