About DaVita Inc.<?xml:namespace prefix = "o" />
DaVita Inc., a Fortune 500® company, is the parent company of DaVita Kidney Care and HealthCare Partners. DaVita Kidney Care is a leading provider of kidney care in the United States, delivering dialysis services to patients with chronic kidney failure and end stage renal disease. As of June 30, 2016, DaVita Kidney Care operated or provided administrative services at 2,293 outpatient dialysis centers located in the United States serving approximately 185,000 patients. The company also operated 127 outpatient dialysis centers located in 11 countries outside the United States. HealthCare Partners, a DaVita Medical Group, manages and operates medical groups and affiliated physician networks in California, Nevada, New Mexico, Florida, Colorado and Washington in its pursuit to deliver excellent-quality health care in a dignified and compassionate manner. As of June 30, 2016 HealthCare Partners provided integrated care management for approximately 760,000 patients.
Be different. Do what you love.
It takes a village to care for our patients and as the central care coordinator you will be at the heart of all the action. Our care coordinators will work together as a team to facilitate the planning and organizing of all critical activities for our patients in the home setting. The patients we care for are some of the most complex patients in the Philadelphia and need an excellent care team to help manage their complex chronic conditions. As a care coordinator you will facilitate referrals and assist our field based team with utilization and patient transitions back to their home. You will work closely with our clinical team of physicians, nurse practitioners, nurses, social workers, and dieticians to make sure our patients receive the highest quality care.
Essential functions of the central care coordinator role will include:
- Act in accordance with the DaVita, Inc. mission and values to deliver high quality care to our patients.
- Assist the field-based house calls team with moving the patient through the continuum of care by communicating with and completing tasks as directed.
- Assist the care management staff with implementation and documentation of the discharge care plan that includes initiation of referral forms, gathering clinical information, initiating the process of completing a chart and appointment scheduling.
- Communicate directly with patients on a timely basis for all scheduling requirements.
- Maintain accurate and complete documentation of records. Forms are fully-completed, legible, have no unapproved abbreviations and have the proper signatures.
- Ensure that documents get to appropriate parties in a timely manner, without compromising confidentiality or patient privacy procedures.
- Communicate authorization/denial for services to appropriate parties.
- Demonstrate exceptional two-way communication using clear and well-organized oral and written techniques.
- Other duties as assigned
Here is what you can expect when you join our Village:
- A "community first, company second" culture based on Core Values that really matter.
- Clinical outcomes consistently ranked above the national average.
- Award-winning education and training across multiple career paths to help you reach your potential.
- Performance-based rewards based on stellar individual and team contributions.
- A comprehensive benefits package designed to enhance your health, your financial well-being and your future.
- Dedication, above all, to caring for patients suffering from chronic kidney failure across the nation.
- High school diploma or GED required
- Clinical Medical Assistant (CMA) or Clinical and Administrative Medical Assistant (CAMA) Certification strongly preferred
- At least two years of experience in a medical office or hospital setting
- Knowledge of medical terminology, HIPPA procedures, and experience working in patient care settings
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills over the phone and the computer
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office/Excel/Outlook
- ******** Patient engagement - candidates really need to be patient-focused
- Ability to adjust quickly and effectively to changing conditions and demands when performing assignments in order to meet Department and Regional goals.
- Commitment to service excellence and patient satisfaction
- Ability to speak with patients and act professionally under pressure
- Ability to interface effectively with culturally diverse patients and communities, providers, management, and employees of the organizations.
Join us as we pursue our vision "To Build the Greatest Healthcare Community the World has Ever Seen."
Why wait? Explore a career with DaVita today.
Go to http://careers.davita.com to learn more or apply.
WARNING: Job Recruitment Scam Notice
Please note that DaVita Careers has been made aware of a phishing, job recruitment scam in which third parties are fraudulently representing themselves as recruiters of our company. These scammers are posting fake DaVita job openings and communicating with job candidates in an effort to obtain personal information and money. Please follow link to learn more about this scam.<?xml:namespace prefix = "o" />
Learn More: http://careers.davita.com/JobRecruitmentScamNotice
DaVita is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. As such, DaVita makes hiring decisions solely on the basis of qualifications and experience, and without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks.
DaVita will consider qualified applicants who have criminal histories in a manner consistent with the law.