We are hiring for our next STAR class in Bakersfield. We will provide dialysis training but an LVN license is required.
As a LPN/LVN in training, you will have a dramatic impact on patients and their families by ensuring the compassionate, professional delivery of all dialysis-related nursing services in an outpatient setting. You will provide the highest level of care to our patients and assure their safety, comfort, and wellbeing. Use your superior nursing skills to perform patient assessments through observation and interviews, provide chronic hemodialysis therapy, monitor vital signs, collect patient data, and assist with machine and systems monitoring as required.
If you love patient-centered health care with real relationships inside a company that encourages fun on and off the clock, then DaVita is the place for you.
Some details about this position:
- The anticipated start date for this position is Monday, January 15th 2018
- This training requires participating in training at a variety of clinics within Bakersfield.
- Upon completion of training you could be placed in (Bakersfield Oak St Dialysis or Seven Oaks Dialysis)
- Our STAR Program is a 9-10 week paid training period in which you will gain the dialysis skills needed for a career at DaVita.
- Hours of work may vary during the training period; however, you will typically be working between 32-40 hours per week during training
- Your training will include a combination of classroom and hands-on learning
- This position may require that you be willing to float to various clinics during and after your training
- You must have a flexible schedule and be able to work mornings, evenings, weekends and holidays
- Current LVN license in the state of practice required<?xml:namespace prefix = "o" />
- Current CPR certification required
- 1+ year LVN Hospital experience required
- IV certification required if required by state regulations
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Completed training program approved by the medical director and the governing body as required by CMS guidelines prior to operating the water treatment system
- BONENT or CHT certification preferred or as required by state regulation
- Minimum of one year's experience in a hospital or clinical setting preferred
- Basic computer skills and proficiency in MS Word and Outlook required; functional proficiency in all computer systems of DaVita within 90 days of hire required
Are you ready to make a difference in the lives of your patients and enjoy the support of a team? If so, we'd like to learn more about you.
WARNING: Job Recruitment Scam Notice
Please note that DaVita Careers has been made aware of a phishing, job recruitment scam in which third parties are fraudulently representing themselves as recruiters of our company. These scammers are posting fake DaVita job openings and communicating with job candidates in an effort to obtain personal information and money. Please follow link to learn more about this scam.
DaVita is proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks.
DaVita is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. As such, DaVita makes hiring decisions solely on the basis of qualifications and experience, and without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
DaVita will consider qualified applicants who have criminal histories in a manner consistent with the law.
DaVita will not consider permanent (green card) or temporary (non-immigrant) immigration sponsorship for Patient Care Technician positions under current United States Immigration and Nationality Laws. DaVita reserves the right to change this policy without notice.