GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE JOB:<?xml:namespace prefix = "o" />
The primary function of the Placement Coordinator is to assist healthcare professionals and patients/caregivers with arranging dialysis treatments for visiting and/or permanent requests. The coordinator will provide contact center based support via phone, email, fax and/or web to facilitate provisional services to patients. The coordinator also provides support to the community in the event of an emergency or natural disaster by organizing emergency dialysis placements, outreach to patients and/or teammates to ensure that all are accounted for and safe. Developing and maintaining strong relationships with healthcare professionals and business partners will be necessary in this role.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: NO
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following duties and responsibilities generally reflect the expectations of this position but are not intended to be all-inclusive.
· Assist Supervisor and Training Staff with new hire training, to include side by side training, etc.
· Receive email and phone calls that require coordination with patients and healthcare professionals
· Respond professionally, promptly, and courteously to inbound calls, e-mails and faxed referrals and/or requests for treatment options
· Request placement and/or respond to inquiries regarding treatment options via outbound calls, e-mail, and/or other designated contacts
· Review, manage and prioritize Patient Care File by generating outbound calls/emails for the purpose of placing Visitor and/or Permanent patients which may include, patient registration
· Continually review best practices, efficiency, and areas of growth
· Foster improved relations, cooperation, communication and collaboration between DaVita Guest Services, external business partners and patients
§ Achieve and exceed the performance metrics and stretch goals set for the department, while adhering to quality assurance standards
§ Ability to empathize with Guests under stressful circumstances and yet remain operationally effective
§ Work during expanded/non-traditional hours to serve patients and teammates (in different time zones)
§ Relationship management
§ Consistent, regular, punctual attendance as scheduled
· Possible light travel
· Other duties as assigned
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS <?xml:namespace prefix = "o" />
Education, licenses, certifications, and experience required to fulfill the essential duties, include computer skills as required.
· High School diploma, some college preferred.
· Minimum 6 months related Healthcare and/or Customer Service experience
· Intermediate computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
ESSENTIAL BEHAVIORS, SKILLS, AND ATTITUDES REQUIRED FOR SUCCESS IN THIS POSITION
· Commitment to DaVita’s values of Service Excellence, Integrity, Team, Continuous Improvement, Accountability, Fulfillment and Fun with ability to demonstrate those positively and proactively to patients, teammates, management, physicians, and/or vendors (Village Service Partners) in everyday performance and interactions
· Ability and willingness to learn required programs
· Understand and follow the DaVita teammate handbook and safety and security policy and procedures
· Organized and an ability to multi-task with excellent time management and prioritization skills
· Ability and desire to provide excellent customer service and build rapport with clients and teammates associated with the program
· Excellent customer relationship and inter-company network building skills
Ability to empathize with patients, patient’s family members, care-givers, customers, and teammates under stressful circumstances and remain focused on business goalAttention to accuracy of details and relentless follow-through
WARNING: Job Recruitment Scam Notice
Please note that DaVita Careers has been made aware of a phishing, job recruitment scam in which third parties are fraudulently representing themselves as recruiters of our company. These scammers are posting fake DaVita job openings and communicating with job candidates in an effort to obtain personal information and money. Please follow link to learn more about this scam.
DaVita is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. As such, DaVita makes hiring decisions solely on the basis of qualifications and experience, and without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.