DaVita operates in 12 countries and we are looking for a working supervisor who is enthusiastic and excited about accounting. This position does not have direct reports but rather supervises work overseas in several countries. In this case - Brazil (12 kidney dialysis centers) Columbia (20 kidney dialysis centers). The countries do their own accounting in their own systems and the information is sent to us for review. You are the point of contact for all things as it relates to the accounting in those countries. Travel is a requirement of this position so you must have your own passport. Direct international experience is not required however being a strong senior account or analyst is required. Spanish or Portuguese speaking preferred. Open to diamonds in the rough!
GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The purpose of this position is to support the Senior Director and the International Accounting department with all related accounting tasks. Provide support and training to our international offices to ensure department goals and objectives are achieved in alignment with DaVita's Mission and Core Values. This includes communication of all accounting P&Ps and oversight of the monthly accounting close cycle including the review of financial statements and data that is submitted by each country. Ensure transactions related to development projects, fixed assets, inventory, leases, subleases, revenue, payroll and cash are accounted for correctly. Monthly tasks include review of financial reports including variance notes for operations management and the CAO/CFO as it relates to the various region and country assignments. All these transactions will be completed in the various foreign currencies prior to conversion into USD. The local in-country accounting team is responsible to provide the data in US GAAP and any accounting standard variances are verified and tracked.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following duties and responsibilities generally reflect the expectations of this position but are not intended to be all- inclusive.
- Responsible for general ledger functions such as journal entrypreparation, account analysis, account reconciliation and ad hocschedules.
- Prepare & analyze financial statements including variance analysis, agingschedules and account reconciliations.
- Primary contact for international customers. Work with the local teams on accounting policy & procedures that satisfy US & foreign requirements.
- Training of foreign and US teammates as needed.
- Review & account for conversion of foreign currencies into other foreigncurrencies & USD.
- Assist with consolidation of international accounting books.
- Prepare communications such as memos, presentation charts andprocess documentation.
- Play a lead role with other departments to solve issues, establish policies and improve processes.
- Flexible job hours in order to support all international customers.
- International travel may be required up to 25%. No travel requirements are past 90 days at a time but depend on our customer’s needs. On average, time away from home is approximately 6–10 weeks no more than twice a year.
- Other duties as assigned.
Here is what you can expect when you join our Village:
- A "community first, company second" culture based on Core Values that really matter.
- Clinical outcomes consistently ranked above the national average.
- Award-winning education and training across multiple career paths to help you reach your potential.
- Performance-based rewards based on stellar individual and team contributions.
- A comprehensive benefits package designed to enhance your health, your financial well-being and your future.
- Dedication, above all, to caring for patients suffering from chronic kidney failure across the nation.
- BS degree in Accounting / Finance required
- Working knowledge of general ledger accounting functions
- Minimum of six years accounting experience required
- CPA/CMA license preferred
- Oracle & Hyperion Essbase experience preferred
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills required in Microsoft Excel, Outlook, Word and Powerpoint
- VBA programming a plus
- Second language preferred – Spanish or Portuguese
Join us as we pursue our vision "To Build the Greatest Healthcare Community the World has Ever Seen."
Why wait? Explore a career with DaVita today.
Go to http://careers.davita.com to learn more or apply.
WARNING: Job Recruitment Scam Notice
Please note that DaVita Careers has been made aware of a phishing, job recruitment scam in which third parties are fraudulently representing themselves as recruiters of our company. These scammers are posting fake DaVita job openings and communicating with job candidates in an effort to obtain personal information and money. Please follow link to learn more about this scam.
Learn More: http://careers.davita.com/JobRecruitmentScamNotice
DaVita is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. As such, DaVita makes hiring decisions solely on the basis of qualifications and experience, and without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks.
DaVita will consider qualified applicants who have criminal histories in a manner consistent with the law.