This position provides education to patients on health insurance options, helping patients make more informed coverage decisions. In addition, this position provides real-time patient decision reporting to their operational partners.<?xml:namespace prefix = "o" />
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensures patients are fully educated on all insurance options available to them
- Proactively builds relationships with patients by acting as a liaison between patient, facility teammates, billing office and payers to resolve patient insurance issues and/or concerns
- Identifies, resolves or escalates issues as appropriate for prompt and effective resolution
- Partners with Social Workers to maintain awareness of patient insurance and satisfaction concerns
- Reviews patient lists with Facility Administrators and Social Workers to identify potential patient insurance issues
- Builds relationships with clinical and regional resources to emphasize and integrate Insurance Management priorities
- Educates DaVita teammates and patients on internal and external programs which address patient billing and health insurance matters
- Assists in the completion of insurance applications, grant programs, financial programs and payment arrangements
- Addresses patient satisfaction concerns by escalating to our operational partners
- Provides monthly reporting and analysis on key metrics related to patient growth and retention to senior leadership
- Assumes other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Travel Required: up to 80% within assigned area
Here is what you can expect when you join our Village:
- A "community first, company second" culture based on Core Values that really matter.
- Clinical outcomes consistently ranked above the national average.
- Award-winning education and training across multiple career paths to help you reach your potential.
- Performance-based rewards based on stellar individual and team contributions.
- A comprehensive benefits package designed to enhance your health, your financial well-being and your future.
- Dedication, above all, to caring for patients suffering from chronic kidney failure across the nation.
- High school diploma or equivalent required, Associates Business Management Degree preferred
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience working with Medicare and Medicaid insurance as well as commercial insurance plans and benefits (PPO, HMO, POS, EPO, Indemnity) required
- Current driver’s license in state of residence and insurable driving record required
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience in a healthcare organization working with clinical staff and patients preferred
- Intermediate computer skills and proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook required
- This is a remote based position
<?xml:namespace prefix = "o" />
Join us as we pursue our vision "To Build the Greatest Healthcare Community the World has Ever Seen."
Why wait? Explore a career with DaVita today.
Go to http://careers.davita.com to learn more or apply.
WARNING: Job Recruitment Scam Notice
Please note that DaVita Careers has been made aware of a phishing, job recruitment scam in which third parties are fraudulently representing themselves as recruiters of our company. These scammers are posting fake DaVita job openings and communicating with job candidates in an effort to obtain personal information and money. Please follow link to learn more about this scam.
Learn More: http://careers.davita.com/JobRecruitmentScamNotice
DaVita is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. As such, DaVita makes hiring decisions solely on the basis of qualifications and experience, and without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks.
DaVita will consider qualified applicants who have criminal histories in a manner consistent with the law.