If you are passionate about building relationships with doctors and patients in the community and making a positive difference with those impacted by end stage renal disease- than this role may be for you!
Ideal candidates for this role can come from a variety of backgrounds but does require a clinical licensure to qualify. RNs, MSW (LSW), Patient Care Technicians with CCHTS and RD's are encouraged to apply.
The schedule of this role is M-Friday with flexible daytime hours. This role requires travel to the Baltimore and DC areas. The position will mainly be based from our Divisional office in Windsor Mill. Remote candidates will also be considered.
Kidney Smart (KS) is DaVita’s Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD) patient education program that is designed to educate and empower patients and their families around understanding and managing CKD. Kidney Smart classes are held at no-cost in neighborhoods across the country by certified Kidney Smart educators.
Administrative support for local Home Modalities and Kidney Smart teams is critical to success by helping Divisions focus resources for specific responsibilities. The Kidney Smart & Home Coordinator will be instrumental in assisting the KS and Home Program Division Leads, and field operations team to build the foundation for successful Kidney Smart program. The KS & Home Coordinator will help increase capacity of local KS and Home Educators so they can focus their time on providing effective and impactful CKD Education classes to patients and caregivers.
The role will be focused on providing support for KS and Home educators in a Division by coordinating class schedules, acting as key intake for recommendation processes, patient scheduling and post-class reporting. The role should cover coordinating KS and Home Program tasks across one Division.
- Registers patients recommended by a physician through a centralized process for a KS Class
- Enters & Maintains documentation in Salesforce with recommendation details (prior to class date)
- Receives & answers inbound questions about Kidney Smart from patients or physicians
- Places reminder calls to all class registrants within Division
- Follows-up with physician office staff to iron out any recommendation issues
- Enters all post-class data received from Educators into Salesforce within 48 hours of class
- Reschedules No-Show patients
- Sends post-class physician feedback
- Partners with DL to set class schedules
- Assists in finding new class venues
- Creates & distributes monthly class schedules/calendars
- Ensures that KS and Home Educators are using the correct forms & submitting them in a timely manner
- Provides KS metrics/Salesforce dashboards to Division Lead when needed
- Assists with physician engagement
- Orders KS supplies for Educators (participant folders, etc.)
- Posts new classes in CERT and keeps class information current when class details change
- Provides attendance overview for KS Educator ahead of class
- Enters all patient registration detail from CERT into Salesforce (for registrants not recommended by a physician through a centralized process)
- Commits to staying up-to-date with KS and Home program updates (reading Newsflash, attending calls/trainings)
- Follows all KS and Home compliance guidelines
- Assists with planning and carrying out of KS and Home Program Divisional team meetings
- Receives Correction Report from KS National Team & makes any needed corrections in Salesforce
Here is what you can expect when you join our Village:
- A "community first, company second" culture based on Core Values that really matter.
- Clinical outcomes consistently ranked above the national average.
- Award-winning education and training across multiple career paths to help you reach your potential.
- Performance-based rewards based on stellar individual and team contributions.
- A comprehensive benefits package designed to enhance your health, your financial well-being and your future.
- Dedication, above all, to caring for patients suffering from chronic kidney failure across the nation.
- Follows all Kidney Smart compliance guidelines
- Familiarity with your Division (Educators, Physicians, Processes)
- Attention to detail and organizational skills
- Ability to be near a phone to receive/return Kidney Smart calls (at least 50% of their time)
- Friendly and professional demeanor to speak with patients and physicians
- Excellent time management & ability to work well without direct supervision
- Good communication with Division Lead, KS Educators, and Home Educators
- Ability to quickly learn & adapt to new IT systems
- Ability to adjust to changes as the program is quickly growing and adapting
Join us as we pursue our vision "To Build the Greatest Healthcare Community the World has Ever Seen."
Why wait? Explore a career with DaVita today.
Go to http://careers.davita.com to learn more or apply.
DaVita is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. As such, DaVita makes hiring decisions solely on the basis of qualifications and experience, and without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks.