As a Travel Home Dialysis Nurse Educator (RN), you will work on the cutting edge of nephrology nursing by training and educating patients in our clinics and preparing them to dialyze in the privacy of their own homes. In this nursing role, you will be traveling throughout the Northeastern US three out of four weeks per month to foster the training and development of our current Home Registered Nurses. You will be key in fostering relationship with Nephrologists and impacting our home program growth.
Here's what you can expect as a Travel Home Dialysis Nurse Educator (RN):
Partner with physicians and DaVita teammates to educate them on the clinical and quality of life benefits of Home Hemodialysis, help identify appropriate candidates for the modality, and ultimately to increase utilization of home hemodialysis at your clinic consistent with CMS policy to ‘encourage patient access to home dialysis
Autonomy - Provide comprehensive patient care in an independent setting.
Train – Share your knowledge with DaVita teammates to be successful in their programs.
Complexity - Embrace a mentally demanding role with many moving parts.
Educator - Empower your patients by teaching them to administer their own dialysis and to take their health back into their own hands.
Advisor – Assist local Program Managers to grow their programs.
A Qualified Travel Home Dialysis Nurse Educator (RN) should bring:
- Current Registered Nurse (RN) license in the state of practice
- Current CPR certification required
- Minimum of 12 months' of RN experience required
- Chronic Hemodialysis, Acute Dialysis and/or Peritoneal Dialysis (PD) nursing experience preferred but not required
- Training/Teaching/Healthcare Education background preferred
- Travel nursing assignments experienced preferred, must be comfortable with 75% travel including overnight and out of state travel
- Current driver's license, reliable transportation, and vehicle insurance in state of residence required
- Associates Degree in Nursing (A.D.N) from accredited school of nursing required; Bachelor of Science in Nursing (B.S.N) preferred; three-year diploma from accredited diploma program may be substituted for nursing degree
- Basic computer skills and proficiency in MS Word and Outlook required; functional proficiency in all computer systems of DaVita within 90 days of hire
DaVita is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. As such, DaVita makes hiring decisions solely on the basis of qualifications and experience, and without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.