GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The Customer Service Specialist reports to the Call Center Manager and performs administrative and customer service tasks for our patients and Registered Nurses. The Customer Service Specialist answers incoming calls, responds to inquiries and provides program information telephonically and by email, outreaches to patients and providers for medical information, and performs various administrative tasks as required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Answers and appropriately directs inbound calls
- Communicates program information to patients, providers, dialysis centers, and other caregivers both telephonically and by email
- Researches demographic information: follows a process that uses systems and external communication to track down patient demographics from information provided by payors
- Proactively follows up with physicians on missing labs, contacts providers for patient verification, calls patients for appointment reminders, and calls dialysis clinics for administrative follow-up as necessary
- Collects, verifies, enters, and maintains data and medical record information in medical management databases
- Provides support for in-house and outsourced phone, fax, and electronic mail administration for clinical and/or operational purposes
- Schedules and provides follow-up to members, providers, and payors for appointments or meetings as directed
- Performs general administrative support to department
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Here is what you can expect when you join our Village:
- A "community first, company second" culture based on Core Values that really matter.
- Clinical outcomes consistently ranked above the national average.
- Award-winning education and training across multiple career paths to help you reach your potential.
- Performance-based rewards based on stellar individual and team contributions.
- A comprehensive benefits package designed to enhance your health, your financial well-being and your future.
- Dedication, above all, to caring for patients suffering from chronic kidney failure across the nation.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of two (2) years administrative and/or call center experience
- Demonstrated accuracy in documentation and data entry
- Intermediate computer skills and proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Minimal travel up to 5% may be required to attend meetings
- Deals with confidential information and/or issues using discretion and judgment.
Join us as we pursue our vision "To Build the Greatest Healthcare Community the World has Ever Seen."
Why wait? Explore a career with DaVita today.
Go to http://careers.davita.com to learn more or apply.
WARNING: Job Recruitment Scam Notice
Please note that DaVita Careers has been made aware of a phishing, job recruitment scam in which third parties are fraudulently representing themselves as recruiters of our company. These scammers are posting fake DaVita job openings and communicating with job candidates in an effort to obtain personal information and money. Please follow link to learn more about this scam.
Learn More: http://careers.davita.com/JobRecruitmentScamNotice
DaVita is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. As such, DaVita makes hiring decisions solely on the basis of qualifications and experience, and without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks.
DaVita will consider qualified applicants who have criminal histories in a manner consistent with the law.