GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE JOB
This position audits Medicare bad debts prepared by the Patient Resources Team, and communicates findings in an effort to identify trends, issues and educational opportunities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following duties and responsibilities generally reflect the expectations of this position but are not intended to be all inclusive.
- Review and approve Medicare bad debt adjustment logs; audit Medicare bad debts write-off requests to ensure reviews are complete before writing off bad debts
- Prepare monthly audit result reports
- Key and balance Medicare Bad Debt adjustments
- Prepare daily and monthly Medicare Bad Debt team reports
- Report monthly statistics on Patient Financial Evaluation transactions
- Identify training opportunities and provide feedback to leadership and teammates on training opportunities
- Track team productivity
- Work with Revenue Operations and department teammates as necessary
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned including but not limited to:
- Attend team meetings, phone conferences, and training as needed
- Know, understand, and follow teammate guidelines, employment policies, safety and security policies, and department or company procedures
- Report any workplace injury to a member of the Management team or People Services immediately
Here is what you can expect when you join our Village:
- A "community first, company second" culture based on Core Values that really matter.
- Clinical outcomes consistently ranked above the national average.
- Award-winning education and training across multiple career paths to help you reach your potential.
- Performance-based rewards based on stellar individual and team contributions.
- A comprehensive benefits package designed to enhance your health, your financial well-being and your future.
- Dedication, above all, to caring for patients suffering from chronic kidney failure across the nation.
(Education, licenses, certifications, and experience required to fulfill the essential duties, include computer skills as required)
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in Accounts Receivable required demonstrating:
- Experience reviewing Remittance Advice for payment and eligibility information
- Intermediate computer skills and proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and Outlook required; basic PowerPoint proficiency preferred
ESSENTIAL BEHAVIORS, SKILLS, AND ATTITUDES REQUIRED FOR SUCCESS IN THIS POSITION
- Commitment to DaVita’s values of Service Excellence, Integrity, Team, Continuous Improvement, Accountability, Fulfillment and Fun with ability to demonstrate those positively and proactively to patients, teammates, management, physicians, and/or vendors (Village Service Partners) in everyday performance and interactions
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communications skills including ability to listen attentively and to communicate information clearly and effectively
- Demonstrated ability to work well with cross-functional groups
- Demonstrated interpersonal, collaborative, and relationship-building skills; ability to interact positively with teammates at all levels across the company
- Approachable and open
- Self-directed; able to work independently and as a member of a team and to foster a positive work environment
- Demonstrated strengths in organizational, attention-to-detail, follow-through, reasoning, critical thinking, and problem solving skills
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to seek out underlying assumptions through probing, questioning, and listening
- Demonstrated ability to present and document work according to standards required
- Highly organized and deadline oriented with demonstrated attention to detail
Fluent in the written and verbal skills necessary to perform successfully the essential functions, duties, and responsibilities of the position.
Vision adequate to perform essential duties and responsibilities of position.
Physical requirements can vary. These must be reviewed with management. However, in general, the position requires the following physical activities:
- Ability to lift minimum of 2 pounds to a maximum of 15 pounds unassisted; able to sit for extended periods of time with some standing, stooping, walking, stretching, reaching, lifting; moderate range of body motions.
- Ability to use computer and all peripherals for extended periods of time.
Level III - Moderate noise (examples: business office with computers and printers, light traffic)
No required tasks involve greater exposure to blood, body fluids or tissues than would be encountered by a visitor. The normal work routine involves no exposure to blood, body fluids or other hazardous conditions.
Join us as we pursue our vision "To Build the Greatest Healthcare Community the World has Ever Seen."
Why wait? Explore a career with DaVita today.
Go to http://careers.davita.com to learn more or apply.
WARNING: Job Recruitment Scam Notice
Please note that DaVita Careers has been made aware of a phishing, job recruitment scam in which third parties are fraudulently representing themselves as recruiters of our company. These scammers are posting fake DaVita job openings and communicating with job candidates in an effort to obtain personal information and money. Please follow link to learn more about this scam.<?xml:namespace prefix = "o" />
Learn More: http://careers.davita.com/JobRecruitmentScamNotice
DaVita is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. As such, DaVita makes hiring decisions solely on the basis of qualifications and experience, and without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks.
DaVita will consider qualified applicants who have criminal histories in a manner consistent with the law.