General Purposes of Job
DaVita is a rapidly growing Fortune 500 Healthcare Services company and a leading provider of kidney care in the United States.
The Director of Strategy & Special Projects reports to a Group Vice President responsible for DaVita’s operations.
This role, while reporting to the GVP, would also be part of a team of Directors of Strategy and Special Projects from other geographic groups. This role plays a key role as a thought partner, strategic leader, and internal consultant.
This position is responsible for driving strategic and operational initiatives within the group. Representative projects include development of the 3-year strategic plan for the group, identification of new market opportunities, and projects related to strategic business units.
- Play a key role in the development of group’s 3-year strategy
- Develop metrics and track the progress of the group’s strategy
- Develop “game-changing” insights that lead to differential growth
- Play point on all growth-related initiatives
- Lead quarterly strategy sessions with divisional leadership teams
- Act as a strategic thought partner with SVP and divisional teams to evaluate opportunities
- Drive the strategic process on internal consulting projects within the Group and other business units
- Responsible for developing the hypothesis and analysis framework
- Drive the work of multi-disciplinary teams
- Lead the presentation and recommendation of action steps
- Prepare executive-level presentations to share with leadership including CEO, COO, and CFO
- Responsible for synthesizing numerous sources of data and key analysis and translating into specific actions
- MBA from a top-Tier Business School.
- 2 to 3+ years of strategy consulting experience with a top-tier strategy consulting firm
- Relevant experience in healthcare is a plus but not required
- Strong project management skills
- Must demonstrate strategic thinking as well as a willingness to lead initiatives through implementation
- Excellent communication skills including ability to persuasively deliver presentations to senior executives
- Ability to build strong relationships across cross-functional teams
Additional Success Factors
- Commitment to DaVita's values of Service Excellence, Integrity, Team, Continuous Improvement, Accountability, Fulfillment and Fun.
- Demonstrated interpersonal, collaborative, and relationship-building skills
- Demonstrated ability to communicate difficult or sensitive information tactfully
- Proven ability to collaborate across functions and with all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated strengths in critical thinking, and innovative problem solving skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects, deadlines, and priorities in a fast-paced, ever-changing and evolving work environment
- Demonstrated ability to create, refine, and manage new business processes
- Aptitude for coaching, mentoring, training, and developing teammates
DaVita is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. As such, DaVita makes hiring decisions solely on the basis of qualifications and experience, and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.