It goes without saying that taking care of kidney health can be complicated. There's a lot to think about, from doctors' appointments and medications, to lab tests and receiving treatment. DaVita's integrated care team focuses on patient's overall health so they can spend less time in the hospital and more time doing the things they enjoy.
Our Nurse Practitioners are part of our integrated care teams and focus on comorbidity for a special population who need differentiated care.
The Nurse Practitioner (NP) functions autonomously in close partnership with physicians and in collaboration with all members of the health care team to coordinate and facilitate quality, cost-effective care. The Nurse Practitioner provides coordination of care between the patient family, physician, provider and care teams all with a focus on patient care. We want our clinicians to take the time needed to truly address the patient's needs.
The Nurse Practitioner provides education and support to the patients and surrounding team. As a Nurse Practitioner, you will:
- Provided 1:1 patient care to truly address the patient's needs
- Flexibility to create work-life balance with a self-managed schedule
- Be the clinical lead and mentor of an integrated care team
- Collaborate with every member of the greater care team; including, but not limited to: clinical coordinators, administrative assistants, social workers, dietitians and physicians
- Lead calls with hospitals and nurses
- Read labs & medications
- Assist with discharge planning
- Develop a continuously impactful treatment plan that the integrated team executes upon